SIXTY-FOUR

Rose's POV

Sunday mornings usually feel so good. Ever since I lived here, Sundays always sound exciting, with Auntie cooking something extra special, or going out, or having movie marathons, even cleaning the house.

Because all those things... I did with them JK.

But now he's with another girl.

Sundays here wouldn't be the same anymore.

I rolled on to my back and the sunlight hit my face, so I opened my eyes and stared at the sky outside.

Such a beautiful Sunday.

My phone rang, and I averted my eyes from the window. With much laziness, I reached for my phone on the bedside table.

Van is calling.

"Hello?" I muttered.

"Rose Anne!"

He sounds so delighted.

"Hey, Van..."

I heard him sigh, but when he spoke, his voice is still lively. "I'm here outside your house!"

I literally jumped up of my bed. "What?!"

"Yep. I'll wait for you here. I saw your Mom going outside, I asked her if I can have you the whole day and she agreed."

Whatttt?!

"Uhm, are you seriously---"

My question is answered when my door opened and Mom's head peeped in. "Rosie, get up now. Your friend's waiting for you." She gave me a hearty wink then went out.

I tapped my forehead, "Okay. Give me---15---uhm, 10 minutes---"

I heard Van laughed, "Rose Anne, don't panic. It's just me!"

"But I didn't expect you to come!" I opened my dresser to look for clothes. Shall I wear dress or tshirt and jeans?

"It's a surprise okay?" He sniggered, "Don't worry, we have all day so take your time preparing. I'll be waiting patiently for you."

I snorted, "Fine. Just give me 15 minutes okay? You may come in--"

"It's okay. I'd rather wait here in my car!"

"Well, then, I'll hang up. See you!" I picked the white dress with little yellow cherry prints that Mom bought me. I never intended to wear this, but I guess I should now. Given the fact that I'm going with a model like Van, I don't want to look like his P.A.

"See yah!"

And with a dash, I went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I don't know how I managed to prepare this quick, but after exactly 15 minutes, I was running down the stairs.

Auntie saw me, "Sweetie! Enjoy your day!"

"Thanks Aunt Annaly!" I waved at her. Jasmine is sitting at the sofa, she rolled her eyes when she saw me. I jokingly patted her head. "I'll buy you something nice, Jaz."

When I went out, Mom is watering the plants. She beamed at me. "Be home before 8 okay?"

"I will. Bye Mom!" I was about to head out when she called me again. She approached me and handed me some bills, "Buy anything you like... Honey, I talked to that boy. He seems nice. Enjoy your time with him."

She kissed me on the forehead.

"Thanks, Mom!" I grinned before dashing out the gate. Van is standing by his car, he waved at me when he saw me. "Hi, Van! You should have texted me!"