SEVEN

What happened that morning...

***Rose's POV

It's really awkward.

Having to sit here with JK.

"Rosie, I prepared your lunch," Aunt Annaly handed me my lunch box. "And did your mom called?"

"Yes, Auntie. Last night," I said as I put some jam on my bread. I glanced at JK. He's reading the newspaper while sipping his coffee.

I wonder what goes on in his mind...

"Ehem."

I looked at Aunt Annaly. She is smiling widely while putting some eggs in Jasmine's plate.

JK folded the paper, "I'm going to school."

"Wait!" Aunt Annaly said, "I'll drop you all off to school."

"I can take the bus mom," JK said.

"No, no. I also need to do some grocery shopping," she stood. "Rosie, Jasmine, let's all go."

"Yes, Auntie." I stood, taking two loaves of bread with me.

"Mom, can we--" Jasmine started to say but she was stopped by Aunt Annaly's wave.

"Come on. You will all be late." We followed her to the car which is already parked outside. "Jasmine, you need to sit beside Mommy."

"Rose can sit with you--"

"No. Mommy needs to sit with you. Don't complain, go on," Aunt Annaly opened the passenger seat widely. Jasmine entered pouting. "Good girl. Now, both of you, get in."

I looked at JK. He seemed not to like this.

"Ah, Auntie, I can take--"

"Don't complain or we'll be late," JK said and he went inside the car.

I sighed. I tried to sit as far as possible from him.

Aunt Annaly was humming a happy tune while driving off to the road.

I looked at JK. He is looking out the window, his arms crossed.

He's really, really pissed off.

I bit my lip. Then I looked at the bread I brought. I took a bite and ate in silence.

I feel guilty, making JK feel uncomfortable like this.

I hope Mom can come back earlier...

"Oh no!"

We all looked at Aunt Annaly. "Why did we stop?" JK asked.

Aunt Annaly looked at us tearfully. "I think we're out of fuel... Oh no, my bad..."

"It's fine. We can take the bus," JK pushed open the door.

"I will go too," I said going out of the car.

Aunt Annaly went out the car. "JK, son, can you please go with Rosie? She hasn't taken the bus to school from oir house yet."

"I-It's okay, Auntie! I can--"

"Sure." JK turned to walk away.

"Mommy, I can go with JK."

"No, sweetie, I will just call someone to help us then I will take you to school--no buts!" Aunt Annaly pushed me, "Go! You can go with him! Hihi!"

"A-Alright... B-bye Auntie..."

"Bye-bye!"

I ran after JK. The bus stop is just on the next corner.