TWENTY-SIX

Rose's POV

It's been what, almost a week since JK started treating me like I don't exist around him.

Even in the house, he doesn't throw me a single look. He sometimes eat alone or skip meals. Jasmine asked me once if we fought but I don't know what to tell her. She just rolled her eyes and didn't ask again.

Now, it's Sunday and we're all busy cleaning our rooms. Auntie is coming and Mrs. Linda, the stay-out househelp is cleaning the rest of the house with her daughter.

I finished mopping my floor, and as I look around my room, I gave out a satisfied sigh. It's clean! I'm going to the grocery store after. I will be baking cookies to give to my club members.

When I got out of my room, fresh from the bath and in my jumpers, I heard Jasmine bawling from her room. Curious, I went to her room. But before I could knock on her door, JK arrived.

It's the first time he was this close to me.

I attempted a smile but as usual, he ignored me. I sighed and followed him in.

"What's the matter?" He asked his sister.

Jasmine sniffed as she approach us. "Nothing!" She said as she picks up the rug and wiped her eyes with it. I approached her and handed her my clean handkerchief. She looked at me and sniffed, "You guys leave me. I'm still cleaning."

"I'll help you," I said, putting my purse on her table.

"Okay." She said and went to wipe her windows.

"I'll go out," JK said. I looked at him but he's already left.

As Jasmine is not used to cleaning, her room is still a bit dusty. So after an hour, I was sweaty again. I tied my hair in a ponytail and drank juice as I sit on her couch.

Jasmine is scrolling through her phone, and I can see she's getting worked up. She wiped her eyes and threw her phone under her pillow, looking annoyed.

"Is everything okay?" I asked cautiously.

She shook her head.

"I see." I stood up, "Well, I am grocery shopping, do you want anything?"

She shook her head.

"Well then," I turned to the door.

"You like JK right?"

I was shocked at her question. I went back to sit in front of her. "Why are you asking?"

She bit her lip. "And he doesn't like you back."

This kid really...

I let out a hollow laugh. "No need to remind me that."

Silence. I can see Jasmine seems to want to say something. I sat beside her on her bed and put my arms around her.

"Do you want to share something?" I asked.

She gave me a look that's very much going to be an eyeroll but she just looked down. I was surprised. This kid has a problem.

"Just leave me alone," she said and went to lie down. She covered herself with her blanket. "Just go grocery shopping or something."

"I can do that later," I said, tapping her back. "You can talk---"

"I said get out!" She shouted, sitting up and throwing me a glare. "I don't need you here!"

I was shocked. Why is she angry all of a sudden?

"Why do you keep on staying here when I told you to get out?!"

I stood. She's just a kid but her words has given an effect on me.