𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞

Bruce's P.O.V.

"Batgirl!" I exclaimed seeing her going after Scarecrow to an upper level all by herself while I was busy dealing with Scarecrow's henchmen.

The next thing I remember is hearing her scream as she fell from the building.

I landed myself down to the ground and ran to help her. I touched her pulse. She wasn't breathing. She was dead. I stood paralized next to her dead body. My mind refused to believe she's gone.

"What happened? Call 911!" I heard Commissioner voice sending Bullock to call for an ambulance as he ran to us getting out of his car.

"Commissioner--" I didn't know how to tell him she's dead. Commissioner doesn't know Batgirl secret identity. She never confessed to him.

"What is it, Batman? Is she--?" Commissioner asked worryingly glancing down at her lifeless body.

It's all my fault. I shouldn't have let her go after Scarecrow alone. She would be alive now. I'm the reason she's dead.

Commissioner took off the cowl from her face. "Barbara..." The look on Commissioner's face was a mix of shock and horror when he realized lying in front of him was his own daughter.

"I knew this is going to happen eventually. We shouldn't trust you in first place." Bullock pointed his gun at me and ordered me to surrender thinking I was the one who killed her.

I threw the batarang at him and disarmed him.

"Let him go, Bullock", Commissioner stopped Bullock firing at me as I ran to the Batmobile.

The Wayne Manor

"It wasn't your fault, Master Bruce", Alfred tried to comfort me as we were mourning the loss.

At this moment, Commissioner is probably arranging the funeral. I couldn't show up to express my condolences. Guilt ate at me from within. I informed Dick. He will be there for both of us.

"What wasn't his fault?" Rose asked hearing us talking as she enterted the living room. I didn't hear when she enterted the Manor. She must have used her keys.

"Haven't you heard, Miss Rose? Didn't Commissioner inform you?" Alfred asked standing next to my chair.

"Heard what?" Commissioner obviously didn't tell her. I found it very suspicious. There's only one reason he wouldn't tell her.

"Rose, there's something I need to tell you--" I said to her in a lower voice as I got up from the chair. I was about to tell her the truth when I saw Nightwing's arrest on the news. They found out Dick is Nightwing.

Barbara must have left some clues and Commissioner must have figured it all out. He probably knows who I am too.

I heart police sirens outside the Manor and Bullock's voice over the megaphone ordering me to surrender.

"What's going on?" Rose asked, confused. They came to arrest me for Barbara's death. That was Gordon's plan from the beginning.

"Alfred, get her out safely!" I ordered heading down to the BatCave. I didn't want her or Alfred to get hurt.

"I'm not leaving you!" Rose protested, grabbing my hand, stopping me from leaving.

"I'll talk to him. I'll reason him. He wouldn't never-- This must all be a misunderstanding", Rose assured me.

Commissioner didn't tell her what happened because he didn't want to risk her to warn me on time. He knows we're close.

"It's not misunderstanding. It's not safe for you. You have to leave with Alfred, now", I said to her.