𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥 (𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭)

[Alfred P.O.V.]

I heard noises coming from the hallway in the middle of the night. It didn't sound like Master Bruce to have company this late. I got out of my bed and went to check if Master Bruce needs anything. 

"We should be quiet, because of Alfred", I heard Master Bruce's whispery voice telling someone then I heard giggling.

A woman. I yawned sleepy.

The sound of guick footsteps on the stairs were telling they were heading to Master Bruce's room. Master Bruce had company.

Suddenly my eyes widened with the realization.

We have a woman in the Manor!

"Is there anything you want to tell me, Master Bruce?" I asked the next day. Master Bruce has been acting differently lately. Now I know the reason.

"No. Why are you asking Alfred?" Master Bruce asked, confused by my question. He should have assumed I would notice every slightly change in his behavior.

"You know why, sir." Master Bruce never brought women in the Manor and he has been doing it lately - sneaking a woman into his room.

"I don't know what are you talking about." Master Bruce played dumb.

Late night visits continued. I haven't succeeded to figure out woman's identity. Master Bruce was hidding her very well, denying her existence until one day my suspicions have been confirmed.

"Would you mind explaining me this, Master Bruce?" I asked placing down the tea tray, taking the evidence out of my pocket while Master Bruce was sitting down at the BatComputer.

Master Bruce glanced at me and then continued studying the screen. "It's a strand of hair, Alfred."

"How enlightening, sir", I crossed my arms over my chest.

Still playing me for a fool, I see.

"I found it on your bed this afternoon while I was cleaning your room." Master Bruce wasn't paying much attention to my words. Something was consuming his mind.

"Unless you have dyed your hair and haven't your hair cut in ten years, it can't possibly grow that long over a night" I continued getting his attention.

"May I ask: who is the lucky lady?"

A notification appeared on the screen. The Bat signal was turned on. "I have to go, Alfred."

"Saved by the bell." I said as Master Bruce got up quickly from his chair and ran to the Batmobile.