𝐀𝐧 𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 (𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐏𝐎𝐕)

[Rose P.O.V.]

Rose's Penthouse

I woke up early in the morning. I went to the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee while taking a newspaper from the hallway of the building. The security chef of the building, left newspapers on my doorstep every single morning. My heart shattered into million pieces closing the front door behind me. I saw a picture of Bruce kissing another woman with the engagement announcement.

"What's for breakfast?", Anna asked coming from her room in her pajama, yawning. I called her yesterday and sent a plane for her. I need her here - I need her help with my business since she's my personal assistant also my best friend she couldn't refuse to come. I offered her to stay to my apartment.

"Rose, are you-- Let me see!", Anna took newspaper from my hand.

"Holy shit!", Anna exclaimed. "It doesn't mean it's true. It could be a rumor."

"Yeah, right", I wasn't convinced.

"You need to ask him about this", Anna said, determined.

"How can I not", I frowned.

"Rose, I'm serious", Anna added concernedly. She knows about my feelings for Bruce.

"I'll think about it. Besides, we have to get ready for the evening. I organized everything", I tried to distract her.

We have been invited to celebration the anniversary of the founding of Gotham this evening and I was sure she didn't have time to pack one of her formal dresses.

"Is that mean what I think it means?", Anna asked, waiting.

"Yes", I confirmed.

"We're going shopping!", Anna exclaimed thrilled.

[Bruce P.O.V.]

The Wayne Manor

"Alfred", I muttered taking a pillow and pressing it to my face.

"It's time to get up. It's noon, sir", Alfred stated, spreading the curtains from the window of my bedroom. I was laying my bed, sleepy and tired. I had a rough night.

"Besides, there is something you need to see", Alfred added with a warning.

"What, Alfred?", I asked him rubbing my eyes, slowly getting out of my bed.

"This, sir", Alfred gave me the today's newspaper the moment I got up.

I saw my picture on the front page of the newspaper. It was a picture of me kissing a girl or her kissing me, I couldn't remember. I don't even know who she was or when this photo was taken. The engagement was mentioned in the title.

"You need to take care of this before Miss Rose see it herself", Alfred continued worried.

"I will, later", I muttered, still sleppy.

"Don't tell me I didn't warn you", Alfred exited my bedroom frowning at me.

[Rose P.O.V.]