𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐭, 𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐞

"I--" I decided this is the day I'm going to finally say it. I noticed my palms were sweating. I have never been that nervous before in my life.

"Yes? You?" Rose asked, waiting. I noticed she was getting a little impatient until she couldn't sit still anymore.

"I love you", I took her hand in my mine as she stood up. I finally said it, for the first time in my life.

She put her hand on my forehead. This wasn't reaction I was hoping for.

"What are you doing?", I asked her confused. She doesn't stop surprising me. I don't know how she does it.

"Checking if you have fever or something", she replied seriously.

I told her I love her after 5 years together and she's making fun of me?

"Alfred!", she called from the living room. Alfred heard and came fast. He must have been somewhere nearby, snooping.

"Yes, miss?", Alfred asked from the doorstep. He looked at me briefly, checking if we both are okay.

"Do we have a thermometer somewhere inside the Manor? Because Bruce just said the three words to me", Rose asked Alfred.

They both looked at me at the same time.

"How unusual. That doesn't sound like Master Bruce's normal behavior", Alfred turned to Rose and said.

"I know. I think he has a fever", Rose said to Alfred.

Two against one.

They kept talking as if I was not present in the same room. They kept teasing me.

"I suggest calling a doctor. Master Bruce's condition could be more serious than we think", Alfred said.

"Funny. Very funny", I wasn't laughing.