𝐍𝐨 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧 𝐆𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐦

Alfred's P.O.V.

"I've never seen him smiling this much", Master Dick stated as soon as Master Bruce left the BatCave and went on patrol.

"He got a son, Master Dick. Master Bruce is happy", I replied. Miss Rose decided to name him after Master Bruce's father - Thomas. Master Bruce happily agreed.

"When it the birthday celebration?", Master Dick asked.

"It's still not yet decided. Master Bruce is waiting for Miss Rose to fully recover from childbirth. You'll be first to get the invitation", I informed.

"What is the situation with Jason?" Master Dick sat down at the BatComputer and searched for old files.

"Not very good, Master Dick. Master Jason still refuses to talk to Master Bruce. At least, his criminal activities stopped. We haven't heard about Red Mask in weeks. It gives Master Bruce time to enjoy paternity", I replied.

"That's improvement", Master Dick said. I know Master Dick feels guilty not being there to help. They weren't close after Master Jason went missing. Master Bruce put big pressure on Master Jason after Master Dick left as his replacement which Master Bruce regrets deeply.

"Indeed." I agreed. Master Bruce would be glad if Master Jason would come back to us even if he doesn't talk about it. I know Master Bruce cares about Master Jason deeply. His death affected us. Master Bruce wasn't himself after that event. He blamed himself for years. Miss Rose brought light with her coming into Master Bruce's life. She is a blessing to us all.

I saw the red button on the keyboard flicker and pressed it. Master Bruce was calling the BatCave from the Batmobile.

"Where is Dick? I might need his assistance this evening", Master Bruce asked over the communication line.

"Right here, sir", I informed. I put Master Bruce on the speaker. Master Dick was sitting down and listening in silence.

"What it is, Bruce?" Master Dick asked in his serious voice. Master Bruce won't asked if it wasn't something serious.

"We have a situation with Jason", Master Bruce informed. It caused Master Dick to stood up abruptly from his chair and carefully listened to Master Bruce's further instructions.

"Speak of the devil." I watched Master Dick as went back to change into his suit and leaving the BatCave to join Master Bruce not soon after.

I hoped everything ends up well with Master Jason.

Batman's P.O.V.

"Don't do it, Jason", I pleaded seeing Jason aimed his gun down at the Joker who was on his knees tied down to the floor.

"It doesn't have to be like this." I tried to reason him. Killing Joker it won't change anything. It won't stopped the pain.

"You know what you need to do to stop me." Jason threw me his other gun. He was planning this for who knows how long, that's why he stayed down-low for so long. "It's him or me. You choose."

"This is getting more interesting than I thought it would be. I should have brought popcorn." Joker grinned, revealing his shiny bright teeth.

I glanced down at the gun in my hands and lifted my head up towards Jason. "I won't."

"Think about how many lives you're about to save from this human scum. If not for me do it for her. He'll never stop chasing her whenever he gets a chance." Jason was targeting my weak spot. I saw right through his intentions.

"She wouldn't want this, Jason. She cares about you. We both do." I know he has a deep affection towards her.

"The boy has right. I'm never going to stop. Just at the mention of her name-- How is she, Batsy? Are you taking good care of her?" Joker interfered, jumping off the floor with rope tied around his body to get our intention.

"You see. This is what I was talking about and you're still refusing to do what's necessary." Jason condemned me and my moral code. "I'm going to end this once for all."

"Killing isn't the answer." I kept trying to reason him. I wished I could see his face under the red helmet he was wearing. I didn't know if my words reached him.

"We should whack the Wayne boy. Just saying. But, please, continue", Joker interfered, again. Clearly not listening to Jason and not taking his threats seriously. Joker was amused seeing us fighting against each other.

We both glared at Joker at his suggestion. He got our attention. The Wayne boy. He was talking about me and without knowing. Joker doesn't know my identity behind the mask.

"I propose a deal. Aren't we all present in this room in love with the same girl? We can arrange something between us. I get her on Friday, Thursday. Batsy on weekends", Joker continued. I was appalled by his proposal. I wanted to launched myself on him but I restrained myself. I knew that was exactly what Joker wanted.

"Don't tell me you're going to stand there do nothing and let him talk about her like that? If she was mine, he would be dead by now after I had his tongue cut out of his mouth." Red Hood was irritated by Joker's insolence.

"Jason--" I wanted to say I'm not indifferent but this wasn't about her. He let Joker distracted him.

"What do you say boys? Do we have a deal? All we have to do first is to whack the lover boy. We can all work together as one big happy family", Joker continued.

"No one is going to whack anyone", Nightwing appeared. Dick came just on time.

"Here comes the Nightwing, the spoiler of the fun", Joker pouted.

"I see you brought help this time", Red Hood stated. "It doesn't matter. This ends tonight."

Later that evening...

I took a shower and changed into my ordinary clothes. It was past midnight. Alfred and I were still in the BatCave. Dick returned to Bludhaven. Jason is somewhere on the streets taking justice in his own hands. The thoughts of him, torture me.

"You'll get through him one day, Master Bruce", Alfred assured me. I wasn't that sure but I wasn't planning to stop trying. Jason is my son.

"Where is Rose?" I asked Alfred. I had a suspicion that she wouldn't follow the doctor's instructions. She was released from the hospital recently.

"On her two feet, sir", Alfred asked expressed disapproval. Nothing can stop her once she made up her mind to do something.

"She shouldn't walk around the Manor." I should have known. I should have put the cradle in our room or tied her down to the bed.

"I tried but you know how stubborn she can be. You can find her in the nursery room, sir", Alfred informed.

I found her standing against the cradle, observing Thomas. He was sleeping. The most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my entire life. The two most important person in my life: safe and sound. My heart was on its place.

All this because of one woman. My woman.