𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫 𝐇𝐚𝐬 𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 (𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐞 𝐏𝐎𝐕)

The BatCave

"Your scars, sir?", Alfred glanced down at my chest, stunned, as he finished bandaging my arm. I had a rough night. I stood up from the table and picked up my shirt.

"What do you mean, Alfred?", I asked confused. The Red Hood escaped from me again. He predicted my every move successfully. I got my arm burned by explosion he caused, while I was chasing him, at one of the Gotham abandoned buildings.

"Did you get plastic surgery? You don't have any scars, sir", Alfred replied, confused. As far as I know all my front side is covered in bruises and scars that didn't properly healed over time, the ones I stitched myself. I was about to button up my shirt when I glanced down at my chest.

"That's not--" possible. I looked down at my chest and saw none of them. Alfred was right. I touched my skin, it was soft like they never existed, like I haven't wear them for years. I took off my shirt again.

"Sir, what are you doing?", Alfred asked as I removed bandage from my arm, just when Alfred finished, and found no burn. It was just there. Alfred was just confused as I was.

How is this... Rose.

"Where are you doing, sir?", Alfred repeated.

"I need to check something", I hurried to confirm my suspicions. I received a transfusion s few days ago, I got into a fight and lost a lot of blood. Rose gave her blood.

I took one drop of my blood and putted on the microscope slide and monitored under the microscope. Rose’s blood was still in my system. Her blood heals. It has the ability to regenerate the demaged cells at incredible speed. That's why all my scars faded completely and there was no trace of a burn on my arm. It must be affect of Lazarus pit. Ra's must have something to do with it. That must be the reason he was looking for her.

"Sir, what are thinking about?", Alfred asked me worryingly. What danger is she in if anyone finds out about this. I glanced down at my chest again. My mind drifted. Every scar and a story behind it... Gone.

A couple nights ago...

"What are you doing?", I asked her as she climbed on top of me wearing my button-down shirt with her long messy hair falling down across her shoulders to her hips. I placed my hands on her thighs. She glanced down at my chest and brushed gently with her fingertips. She was playful. We were resting on my bed, in my bedroom after we had been intimate, at least I did.

"Let's play a game", she suggested, her eyes shining with excitement.

"I don't--", I was about to say I don't like game when she leaned to me and putted her finger on my lips and hushed me.

"Sh-h-h, I didn't explain you how it works. I'm going to touch each of your scars individually. All you have to do is to tell me how you got it in first place. And for reward you'll get a kiss, one single kiss", she emphasized her last words. "What do you say? Do you want to play?", she continued. I nodded in confirmation and she started asking questions touching one of my scars in the beginning.

"How you got this one?", she touched the scar on my ribs. That was one of my newest ones and it was a big one.

"Joker's girl. Harley Quinn", I replied.

"I didn't know he has a girlfriend", she had the yack look on her face.

"He does, now", I confirmed.

"So that's the reason he's no longer chasing me?", I wasn't sure if that was a question or a statement, not that matters.

"It sounds like your complaining", I don't from where that came from but it lured her a smile.

"Yes. I mean, who can resist green hair, purple suit and lack of common sense", she was clearly joking.

"He's a quite catch", I squeezed her thighs.

"Is that a joke, coming from you?", she leaned and kissed me.

"And this one?", she touched another one of my scars. That was the one I wasn't proud to have.

"Superman", I replied.

"You fought with Clark? Why did you do that to Clark?", she asked in disbelief. Clark is sweet, gentle, caring and everyone knows it. He's everything I'm not. At least when I'm not with her.

"So you're on his side?", I asked waiting for her reaction. I knew it would be a good one.

"Bruce", she took a pillow and hitted me with them all over my face.

"That was before I knew him. It was a misunderstanding", I defended myself. I thought he represents a danger for every living being on the planet Earth.

"Tell me one thing: who won? You did?", she asked, I didn't reply.

But yes, I did.

"You sometimes scare me", she confessed. "Your mind, the way you think and how you manage to handle a difficult situation, your calm and clear thinking. I couldn't do it", she continued. She underestimates herself. And I saw her in act.

"Rose", she leaned and kissed me. I kept her close enough to whisper into her ear. "You're safe with me."

I love you. I will always protect you.

"Tell me about... this one", she touched the next one.

"I can handle it. It must be from one of your--", I didn't let her finish.

"Seline. The first time I met her. From her claws", I replied.

"Claws?", she asked. "What did you do, sleep with a cat?", she teased.

"Catwoman", I corrected her.

She kept asking. I told her almost my entire past. I had no idea how much history is behind each scar.

"One, two, three... That means only one has left", she stated. She touched the scar right in the middle of my chest.

"I'm waiting", she notified me. I didn't know how to tell her I got that scar from Talia, her sister she didn't know she has before a half year.

"Another one? How many you had?", she asked surprised. That was shocking for her since I'm the only man she was intimate with and she knows about my previous relationships, I told her about some.

"That's no part of the game", I stated.

"Come on, I want to know. I'm not going to judge you", she pushed me. I knew I'll have to reply. "That many?"

"Yes", I replied. It's a long list of women I have been intimate with.

"And you loved them all?", she asked.

"Some", mostly it was just sex with no strings attached.

"How many of them have you loved?", she asked, I knew she wouldn't let it go that easy. She's curious about my love life.

"Three", I replied. Andrea, Selina and... Talia.

"Let me guess: Andrea, Selina and", she took short pause and continued. "Talia?". I never slept with her willingly. It was done against my free will. Talia drugged me. I sighed.

"I think we are done talking", I grabbed her by her waist, threw her on the bed and pinned her down with my body. I love to have her under me. I waited for her to stop giggling.

"You're so beautiful", I gently removed hair from her face. I saw longing in her eyes. I can't get enough of her.

"I love you", she gave the look of love. I felt my body temperature rising. I had to have her. I brushed her lips with mine and kissed her. We made love later that night, again.

Present moment

"Sir?", Alfred voice brought me back to reality.

"Nobody can find about this", Rose would be in danger. I'm not going to allow for her to be trapped and used as the test subject inside a laboratory to do research on her.

"Will you at least tell, Miss Rose?", Alfred asked me.

"She doesn't need to know", I don't want her to worry.