𝐀 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐧 (𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕)

"Can I get you anything, Master Bruce? It's getting late", Alfred informed. I spent most of the evening in the Cave working on some old cases. I lost track of time.

"No. I'm fine." I whispered. It caught Alfred's attention. Rose was sleeping on my shoulder, sitting on my lap. I didn't want to wake her up.

"She felt asleep." She came down before an hour or two, seeing I wasn't coming to bed. She has trouble falling asleep if I don't lie next to her.

"She's a lovely creature, Master Bruce. A keeper", Alfred stated. I couldn't agree more. The things she does, the way I feel when I'm around her. This childlike woman capture my heart.

"Something worries you, Master Bruce?" Alfred asked me seeing me drifting away with my thoughts. Sometimes I forget I can't hide anything from Alfred. He knows me better than anyone.

"I need to try harder." To protect Gotham. To protect her. This is not longer about vengeance. Ra's was right. I've changed. But, does it make be better Batman? Does it make me better man? I want to be. For her. Whatever she needs me to be.

"You're pushing yourself beyond normal human limits. I think she wants you to come back in one piece." Alfred glanced down at her.

"You should put Miss to bed", Alfred said seeing her slowly walking up by the sound of our voices. "Goodnight, Master Bruce." With that, Alfred left.

"Bruce-- How time is it?" Rose asked sleepily, slowly opening her eyes. "Where is Alfred? Wasn't he just here? I thought I heard his voice."

"Late. Sleep." I took her in my arms and carried her straight way to the Manor.

"Are we going to bed?" I paused briefly on the very threshold of the stairs. I noticed she kept her eyes closed.

"Yes."