𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞

Note: this is one of Rose's childhood memories. It's linked to Connected By Heart part I and II (I haven't written it yet) after Bruce managed to free her and get both tapes from Dr. Strange.

[Bruce's P.O.V.]

"Alfred!" A young version of Rose ran towards Alfred, grabbed his pants asking him to pick her up.

"Young Missy. It's lovely to see you." Alfred patted her head and she returned to the table to finish her drawing.

"She's growing so fast. Please, join me, Alfred." Emma invited Alfred to sit on the couch next to her in the living room of the Crown's manor.

"I'd be delighted, Emma", Alfred accepted her offer and joined the ladies.

"I see you haven't changed, Alfred. How is everything with you? How do you spend your time in the Manor all by yourself? I assume Bruce hasn't yet returned back to Gotham?", Emma asked Alfred.

"Master Bruce hasn't returned home yet. He'll come back soon", Alfred replied.

"That's what you say every year. I hope he's fine wherever he's at", Emma said.

"Look what I drew, mommy." Rose took the drawing from the table and handed it to Emma.

"What did you draw, sweetheart?" Emma asked as she took the drawing in her hands.

Emma glanced down. "How unusual: a giant bat."

"Yes, mommy. One day I'm going to marry him and we'll have a lot of kids and leave in a cave", young version of Rose said.

"Don't be silly, honey. You can't marry a bat." Emma assured her, gentle smiling.

"Says who?" Young version of Rose said as she crossed her arms over her chest, pouting.

"And you will definitely not live in a cave. That's not the right place for a lady such as yourself. Don't you agree, Alfred?" Emma asked.

"I have to agree, young Missy", Alfred replied.

"You'll both see." Rose turned her back and marched out of the room.

"Almighty heavens! I forgot about that, Master Bruce. Young Miss Rose had a lot of imagination", Alfred stated almost missing the cup while pouring some tea. I was stunned by her words. I pressed the pause button. I needed a moment to process.

"Imagination, Alfred?" I asked doubtfully, looking up at the screen.

"Well, I don't know what to say, sir. She couldn't possibly know", Alfred said confused, standing next to me.

I took a sip of tea. Something is telling me this is going to be a long night spend in the Cave.