𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈)

The Justice League Watchtower

"What is Bruce doing?", Diana asked seeing Bruce had missed another Justice League meeting.

"Sleeping with Luthor's wife", Clark replied worryingly. They both know Luthor is very dangerous man.

"That doesn't sound like Bruce", Diana stated. Bruce never courted married girls. In fact, he never courted any girl. They fell at his feet. But it was all a charade.

"Believe me, Diana. It's true", Clark assured her.

"One of us is going to have to talk with Bruce", Diana glared at Clark. "We can't allow him to ruin our plan. Lex is going down."

"I'll do it, Diana", Clark volunteered.

Meanwhile...

The City Of Metropolis

[Bruce's P.O.V.]

"Leave him", I said to her. We're lying in bed in the hotel room. Our naked bodies intertwined under the sheets.

We have been seeing each other for a month now, away from the public eyes. We became lovers. I became her lover. I didn't feel comfortable with it - sleeping with a married woman, I wanted more.

"I can't. He'll kill us both if I do", Rose said in a trembling voice.

Rose told me Lex never touched her, they sleeps in separate rooms. I believed her. Is Lex gay? He looked at her as one of his trophies.

"I can protect you. There's something I need to tell you about me--"

"Perhaps you can. But I don't want to take any risks. I don't want him to hurt you", Rose cut me off.

"Perhaps it's early to say this... I love you", Rose gazed into my eyes. I saw a glow in her emerald eyes. You can't fake love.

"I feel the same way", I told her as I pulled the sheets off that separates us. I didn't want to waste any second spent with her.

[Rose's P.O.V.]

I came home on time to prepare dinner. Lex has not yet returned from work. I sighed in relief. Lex considered Bruce as one of his enemy and he has a lot of enemies. Who knows what would he do if he found out.

I froze hearing the front door opening. Once I slapped myself out of trance, I've hurried down in the hallway to greet the monster of my husband.

I bent my head down as he passed by me. Lex doesn't tolerate any form of disobedience. I had to follow his rules, otherwise I would have been punished.

I followed him to the dining room. We sat down at the table to dinner.

Lex didn't say a word to me since he came from work. That meant something bad is going to happen. Lex was everything but quite. He enjoyed harassing and insulting me. I felt like he was punishing me for something.

Lex took his knife and stabbed into the middle of the table. "You filthy whore!" Lex shouted at me.

Lex, with one swift move, grabbed me by my hair. I tried not to scream in pain as he dragged me down to the basement. He pushed me into the cell and locked me up.

I hit my head hard against the wall and fell down on my knees, bleeding. I thought I got a mild concussion because I couldn't stood up on my feet and I felt dizziness.

"I leave you alone for a few hours and what do you do? I'll tell you. You immediately run into the embrace of your lover. This is going to teach you not to spread your legs to a stranger", Lex said and walked away, leaving me all alone.

I don't know how long I was in the cell with no food or water. Minutes turned into hours, and hours into days. I stopped counting. I was convinced I was going to die down there, alone and abandoned. I closed my eyes surrendering to death when I heard a familiar voice calling me by my name.

[Bruce's P.O.V.]

The Wayne Manor, Gotham City

"I see you brought a young lady with you. Who is - -?", Alfred asked me seeing me getting her out of the batmobile.

"I need a bowl of water and a towel. I'll take her in my room", I informed Alfred, heading to my room with her in my arms. Alfred was worried seeing her unconscious with a head injury.

"Alfred", I reminded him. Alfred drifted with his thoughts.

"Yes, sir. I'm coming right away."

I placed her in my bed and hurried downstairs to change. Alfred came after me holding a bowl of water, which he put down on the nightstand, and a towel throw over his arm.

I wiped her forehead, cleaning her injury. It hurt me seeing her like this.

"You really care for her, sir. Who is she?", Alfred asked. He had suspicious about me seeing a woman secretly. He was right.

"You won't like the answer", I stated not moving my gaze for her. I haven't seen her for a week. I was afraid for her. I thought Lex killed her.

"I hope you know what you're doing, sir", Alfred closed the door and went downstairs, leaving me alone with her.

Alfred came later and left a tray of food in my room. He thought of the same thing I did.

I forced myself to stay awake. I wanted to be there for her when she opened her eyes.

"Where am I?" Rose mumbled slowly opening her eyes in the middle of the night. I fell asleep in the armchair, her voice woke me up. "Lex--"

"Don't worry about him", I tried to calm her down.

"But he'll come after me. I need to leave." She tried to get up from the bed but she was so weak, she felt into my arms.

"No, he won't. The League is after him. He won't get away this time", I assured her, placing her down on the bed and covered her with sheets.

"What you need now is to eat." I offered her food Alfred prepared for her and sat next to her. She ate slowly as she glanced around the room.

"You're in my room. I brought you here", I replied. She was thinking about it.

"Your brought me to your home?", Rose asked in disbelief. I nodded in confirmation. "You mentioned The League and they're going after Lex?"

"Yes", I confirmed.

"The League, who are they?", Rose asked.

"You don't know?", I asked and she shook her head no.

"Am I supposed? I have holes in my memory", Rose added.

"I have too. I, the League, have a suspicion Lex used reality changing device to wipe our memories", I explained the theory.

"The metal shaped thing box?", Rose questioned.

"You saw it? That confirms my suspicions", I stated. Who knows what Lex did to all of us. I hoped the League catch him on time before he use it again.

"I want you to take some rest. We'll talk about this in the morning", I suggested. She looked exhausted.

"We'll you stay by my side? I don't want to be alone", Rose asked. I wasn't planning to leave her alone anyway.

I received a message from Clark not long after she felt asleep telling me it's urgent. I got out of the bed and went outside to meet him, carefully closing the door behind me not to wake her up.

"What is urgent?", I asked him as soon as he landed. Clark came from the night sky, wearing his superman suit.

"We found what Lex was after for", Clark replied. "You won't like it."

"What did he steal?", I asked him.

"Your wife."

(To be continued..)