𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧

[Rose's P.O.V.]

"Someone came to visit you. He's waiting for you in your office. I hope you don't mind", Anna informed me after the meeting.

"Depends. Who did you let into my office?", I asked as I walked out the meeting room and headed back to the office.

"Go and see for yourself", Anna went to the reception table in the office hallway.

"And, Rose, your dress has arrived", Anna headed me over the black gown garment bag. Tonight is the exclusive Wayne Enterprises Gala.

I entered the office and found Bruce sitting on the chair. He stood up at the sound of the door opening and turned around.

"Bruce", I mumbled in surprise. 

"You came about tonight's evening?", I asked, placing the garment bag down on the couch.

"Yes. I wanted to gave you this", Bruce handed me the black square shaped jewelry box.

"What's is this, Bruce?", I asked before opening the box.

"I want you to wear it tonight." I opened the box and saw the beautiful teardrop emerald and diamond drop necklace. I caressed the necklace. I've never seen such designs. It must be very rare and expensive. 

"You don't have to if you don't want it", Bruce said. I noticed he was hoping for my acceptance.

"Is this the gemstone everyone is talking about?", I asked. Bruce announced publicly he would present tonight at the gala a very rare gemstone.

"Yes. I got sudden idea to turn it into a necklace", Bruce glanced down at the necklace I was holding.

"I would love to wear it on one condition: let me borrow it sometimes. The necklace is breathtaking", I closed the box with the necklace inside. 

"I think I can arrange that", Bruce said with a large smile on his face. It was rare seeing him smiling. "Is everything alright?", Bruce asked as I put necklace down on my desk.

"Yes, I just remembered the necklace matches my gown". The necklace is the same color as my dress. It will fit perfectly with the emerald green off the shoulder fishtail dress I chose to wear for tonight's gala.

Coincidence?

"That's not the only thing it matches with", I heard Bruce saying something as my mind drifted away from the present moment.

"What did you just say?", I asked, confused. I didn't hear him clearly.

"Nothing. I need to--", I prevented him from finishing as he was saying goodbye.

"See you tonight, then. I'll be the one in green", I hinted. Bruce's eyes lit up as he smiled and walked out of my office.

Ana walked into my office after he left. I showed her the necklace. "This cost a fortune", Anna stated in surprise. "He gave it to you as a gift?"

"Don't be silly, Anna." Anna glanced at my eyes then down at the necklace.

"It matches your eyes", Anna stated.

Wayne Gala

"I see he already gave it to you. I thought he'll wait till the end of the evening", Veronica gazed intensely at my necklace. We were standing at the table and waiting for Bruce to show up. Veronica said something urgent came up and he'll be late.

I couldn't help but to remember the last time I attended Bruce's gala. I ended up thrown out the window.

"What do you mean by that?", I asked, confused, with my fingers caressing the necklace.

"You don't know?", Veronica asked. I shook my head no.

"Bruce personally hired the best jewelry designer in Gotham to turn the stone into a necklace with intention to gifted to you tonight at the gala. The necklace is made for you", Veronica replied. I didn't know. Bruce didn't tell me.

"Escuse me. I need to greet some guest", the tall, bald man in the gray suit occupied Veronica's attention. I sensed the hostility in her voice. I nodded. He looked familiar. I saw him somewhere but I couldn't remember from where.

Not long after Veronica left to greet undesirable guest, the waiter brought me a note saying to meet on the balcony. I didn't recognize the handwriting. I wasn't sure if that was a good idea but left anyway.

There was no one there waiting for me. I thought it was some kind of mistake, maybe the note wasn't for me, when I heard a female voice behind my back.

"I was wondering if you would show up", Catwoman glared at me as I turned around and meet her gaze.

"What do you want?", I asked her as my necklace caught her full attention. She was after the necklace, I should have known.

Her gaze pinned to the necklace as she was approaching me. I stepped back and leaned on the balcony railing. I couldn't escape her. I was pinned against the railing.

"I'll take that", Catwoman yanked off the necklace from my neck not blinking.

I noticed the shiny bat-shaped thing flying in the air at her direction.

Catwoman jumped off the balcony and Batman went after her. Leaving me wondering:

What just happened?

[Batman P.O.V.]

"Bring it back, Selina!", I demanded chasing her in the one-way alley. I forgot how fast she is but I was faster.

"Not a chance!", Catwoman exclaimed. We ran down the street until we came to the end off the road.

"It doesn't belong to you, Selina", I stated. Catwoman turned around to face me. She was cornered. She couldn't escape.

"Tell me one thing and I'll return it to you. Who is it for?" I didn't reply. "For her, isn't it? Isn't she litle bit young for you?", Selina figured it. I knew she would. She must have heard I requested that necklace to be special designed for Rose.

Is she jealous of Rose?

"Not your business", I muttered.

"Hand me over the necklace and I--", I saw her eyes glaring at me.

How we come to this?

"You will what? Let me get away? We both know it's a lie", Catwoman cut me off.

"I'm not playing this game anymore." The only reason she wasn't trapped in Arkham by now was because of me.

"But I'm not finished with you yet", Catwoman said. "Are you still resenting me for what happened between us in the past?"

For her leaving me at the altar. I didn't reply. I never found out the reason why she did it and went back to her old ways.

"I guess you do", Catwoman said.

"It's me or the necklace. You can't have both. Catch!", Catwoman threw the necklace in the air. It was a moment of decision. And I chose the necklace, without hesitation. When I turned, Selina was gone. I had a feeling that the necklace wasn't what I had actually chosen. I chose Rose.

[Rose's P.O.V.]

I was rubbing my wet hair with the towel in my bathrobe, I just got out of the shower, when I entered my room and spotted the familiar black box placed down on my bed with a note.

Bruce's necklace.

Batman must have retrieve it from Catwoman and left it in my room while I was in the shower. I took and opened the note. It was Bruce's handwriting.

It's yours.