𝐈𝐧 𝐎𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 (𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐞 𝐏𝐎𝐕)

"What is it, Alfred?", I asked seeing Alfred watching Damian closely. Damian brought another abandoned dog from the street today.

"Does Damian reminds you of someone, sir?", Alfred asked. I got out of my chair and glanced at Damian.

Rose.

She even brought and kept them in her office when I met her.

"Master Damian, you should talk with Miss Rose when she comes back from Europe", Alfred said to Damian. Damian looked up meeting Alfred's gaze.

"Why would I do that, Pennyworth?", Damian asked disinterested.

"Miss Rose opened a shelter for abandoned animals when she moved to Gotham. She is an animal lover as well. I assume you met Angel", Alfred replied.

"Who is Angel? Another bastard of yours, father?", Damian asked me looking me straight into the eye. If only he didn't have her eyes.

"Funny, Damian", I muttered. Unfortunately, the League didn't teach Damian manners.

"Miss Rose's albino cat. She mostly sleeps down here, on Master Bruce's keyboard", Alfred explained. Angel loves to sleep here, down in the Batcave and keeping me company since the most time I spent here or outside chasing criminals.

"That explains a blanket. I haven't seen her", Damian lied. Alfred found her sleeping in his bed last night.

"And who is then the white ball of fur sleeping every night on your bed, young Master Damian?", Alfred asked Damian.

"I do not know what you're talking about", Damian pretended to be silly.

"It must be my mistake, young Master Damian. Please accept my deepest apologies. I'll take care of him until Miss Rose comes back", Alfred suggested glancing down at the puppy Damian holded in his arms.

"There's one thing you should know about Angel, young Master Damian", Alfred got Damian's attention.

"Which is?", Damian asked.

"Angel is very picky about human companionship", Alfred said. "She's extremely smart animal. She even saved Master Bruce's life in on several occasions. Miss Rose left her to watch on Master Bruce while she's away", Alfred continued.

"I have that in mind, Pennyworth", Damian exited the Batcave. Alfred went to put the puppy down next to the rest of the puppies Damian picked from the street, and returned.

"He's damn good liar, sir", Alfred crossed his arms, disapproving Damian's behavior.

"He's just a kid", I replied.

"A kid raised by the League of Assassins, sir", Alfred reminded.

"I see what are you getting at. There isn't much I can do", I said then remembered. "If anyone can influence on his behavior, it's Wayne", I continued. Rose is excellent with kids.

"Did you tell her about young Master Damian, sir?", Alfred asked. I didn't know how to tell her I have a son with her half sister and it didn't feel right to do it over the phone. It's been almost a week since she left to Europe for business.

"I'm waiting for her to come back. That's not the conversation to do over the phone", I replied. Truth is I didn't want her to hang up on me. I wanted to explain her first. The thought of losing her it terrified me.

In the evening, I stopped by Damian's room and found Angel sleeping next to him. She heard me opening the door and jumped off the bed. She rubbed against my leg and meowed. I picked her up in my arms and petted her head.

"I know. I miss her too", I whispered.

I putted her down and she returned to Damian's bed. I gently closed the door and went to my room.