𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐨 (𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐞 𝐏𝐎𝐕)

[Bruce P.O.V.]

The Wayne Manor

"What he does to that poor girl is monstrous. He locked her in her room. I haven't seen her for months", Alfred complained. He strongly condemned Burton's decision.

"Are you seriously thinking about what he propose to you? Alfred asked. "Master Bruce?"

Alfred is talking about Burton's marriage proposal between me and Burton's niece for business purposes. Burton wants us to merge our two companies: the Wayne Enterprises and the Crown Enterprises. Since I am currently working on one big project, I need his support. The Crownes have shares in Wayne Enterprises, my family company.

"I'm not going to marry her, Alfred. I'm going to try to help her", I replied, a slightly bit annoyed.

She has barely 18. What kind of men will I be if I took advantage of a defenseless girl?

"I don't doubt your intention, sir, but miss Rose is a gorgeous young lady. Any man who meets her can easily change his mind. And not to mention she got her college degree recently", Alfred stated.

I found it impressive. She must be smart to finish college at that young age. I heard, Burton told me, she graduate from Harvard Law University and Gotham High at the same time. I'm almost convinced Burton forced her education but I don't have any proof.

"I'm not like other men", I declared.

There are no men like me.

"But you're a man, sir", Alfred added.

There is only one woman for me and her name is Rachel.

"Besides, you haven't met her yet to know for sure", Alfred said.

Nevertheless, it will never happen. I don't date younger women.

"I would, if Burton allowed me", I tighten up and adjusted my tied. I was almost done dressing myself. Burton was expecting me. We agreed to meet this evening.

"Miss Rose and you are the only ones left from all *the five founding families of Gotham. Of course he would do anything to keep her safe, especially at her young age, not that I approve his methods. She is the heiress of the Crownes after all", Alfred reminded me.

I heard Rose's parents died in car crash on they way back home 10 years ago when she was seven years old. Apparently, William Gordon Crown, her father, lost control over the wheel after car crash and car fell straight over the bridge into the Gotham river, drowned William and his wife Emma Crown. Rose escaped a sinking car but her parents drowned. I wasn't in town then, I was training. Rose's uncle, Burton Crown, her mother's younger brother, became her legal guardian.

How marrying her with me against her will would keep her safe?

What Burton has proposed me is outrageous. Besides, I'm not planning to get married.

"It's more than that, Alfred. I have a feeling", I have a hunch.

There's something more going on there. Why did he lock her in her room anyway? I didn't believe for a second it was because of her wild spirit Burton claimed she has.

"Than you should follow your gut", Alfred said then exited my room.

"I will, Alfred. I will", I said to myself.

(To be continued... )

*The five founding families of Gotham: the Waynes, the Dumas, the Crownes, the Kanes and the Eliots.