𝐀 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐀𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 (𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐏𝐎𝐕)

The Wayne Gala

The room suddenly filled with smoke. I felt someone grabbing me by my wrist and dragging me away from the crowd. I couldn't see anything. People screams echoed in my mind.

"Hey, what are you--" , I protested. "Bruce?", I asked surprised to see him. Bruce got us inside of his office and closed the door as soon as we entered.

"Stay here. You'll be safe", Bruce asked. The last thing I remember he was about to take a speech, I was somewhere in the crowd. How he got to me so fast?

"What about you? You can't just--", go there alone. It's dangerous. You can get hurt. I don't want you to get hurt. I can't bare to lose you. I was afraid for him.

Bruce, I... love you.

Bruce leaned closer to me and cupped my face with his hands like he read my mind. I felt my body immediately relaxing under his touch.

I love him? Oh god! I love him!

"There's something I need to tell you. But now I need you to trust me and listen to me. Can you do that?", Bruce asked gazing into my eyes looking for confirmation. He looked calm, like he knows what he's doing. I found it terrifying. My whole body was trembling. I knew something bad is happening outside of the office.

I nodded, he gave me a small smile. We both knew I wouldn't listen.

"Lock the office behind me!", Bruce walked out the office in a hurry, leaving me confused. I should stopped him. Now I won't be able to stop worrying. I did what he said. I locked the office and waited.

I heard people screaming and the voice calling out my name. I couldn't just stayed any longer and do nothing. I unlocked Bruce's office and went to meet my fate. Nobody is going to get hurt because of me. I chose to be brave.

I glanced around the room. People were standing at the side surrounded by Joker's men holding guns pressed to their chest. I saw Joker standing at the table with the vase of red roses on it and pulling out one rose at a time, commenting and throwing it away.

"My dear are you hiding somewhere in here?", Joker asked gazing down at the roses, leaning against the table. Joker was performing some kind of show. He looked like he was searching for something or someone. Me. For some reason he was obsessed with me.

"Let me see", Joker licked his lips as he brushed his hand through his messy curly green hair.

Joker took a single red rose from the vase. "Nope", Joker smelled the rose then threw it away.

"What is he doing?", I heard someone in the crowd whisper. I'm sure Joker heard it also but chose not to pay attention. Joker continued playing his little show.

"Nope", Joker took the next rose and did the same. "Nope, not this one." Joker did the same thing with the next one and the next one. He continued to take roses from the vase and throw it away.

"I'm losing my patience here, my dear", Joker kept going until there's a single rose left in the vase. I stood to the side and watched the whole show in silence.

"She's not in there", Joker shrugged his shoulder. The roses were all scattered down the floor.

"He is insane", I heard another whisper as Joker slammed his palms on the table.

"You see, I'm not insane. I'm mad. There's is a difference. Do I need to explain?" Joker glared at the crowd.

"Last chance. Have you seen a young gorgeous brunette with the greenest eyes you've ever seen about 5 feet and inch or two tall", Joker demonstrated.

"Lighter than a feather?", Joker added staring at the crowd.

"No?", Joker took the knife from the table and waited. "I know she's here somewhere", Joker pointed the knife at the crowd.

"I guess we'll have to do it the hard way", Joker grabbed a girl from the crowd. Her terrified scream filled my ears.

"Let her go! It's me you want!", I yelled. It immediately caught his attention. Joker let go of the girl and stared at me.

"Well, hello my dear. It's nice of you to join me. Shall we?", Joker waltzed to me and offered me his hand to hold. I accepted and he guided us to the center of the room. He wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around. It left me feel dizzy. The whole room was spinning. I saw the black shadow from the corner of my eye taking down his men.

"Not so fast", Joker grabbed me my waist and dragged me to the large broken glass window with knife pointed at my throat.

"Let her go", Batman said calmy in his deep rough voice. Joker glanced out of the window, down at the ground. I looked away.

"Interesting choice of words", Joker pushed me out the window. I screamed. Batman jumped after me, pulling out his grappling gun and shot it into the air.

"Are you hurt?", Batman asked me as soon as we landed.

"No", I mumbled.