𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞'𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝

[Rose P.O.V.]

The Crown Enterprises

"You gotta be kidding me!", I shut the door of my office as soon as I entered and looked at Anna angrily.

"What did you do Anna?!", I yelled at her. I think I'm going to get a heart attack. This is not happening. I went straight to my desk. I need to calm myself down or I might kill someone.

"I registered you on a dating site", Anna replied opening the door of my office wide open. That explains why a long line of suited men is standing in front of my office holding flowers in their hands and adjusting their ties.

"I'll do an interview and pick the most suitable candidates", Anna informed. "I've already chose some", I glanced down at her hand and noticed her holding paper files.

"I'm going to call the security and throw them out", I informed, picking up receiver from my desk and dialed a number. Anna pressed the button and ended a call.

"Do I need to remind you don't have - -", a choice. Anna stopped, glancing at the doorstep.

"Good afternoon, Mister Wayne. Please come in. We're just finishing", Anna greeted Bruce. I didn't notice him. Silent as always. I greeted him with a forced smile as he entered the office.

"Just pick one", Anna whispered and left the files on my desk table.

"You can always ask--", Anna shook her head in Bruce's direction, suggesting. It caught Bruce's attention.

"No!", I said determined. I can't ask Bruce that. We're not even dating. We're just friends. I don't want to ruin our friendship. It's nice having someone in Gotham with whom I can talk freely about anything and who listens and supports me.

I waited for her to leave and threw the files in the garbage. I slipped into my chair and hitted my head on the table on purpose.

"Are you fine?", Bruce asked concernedly. I didn't hit my head hard enough. I felt just a slight dizziness.

"It's not really good time, Bruce", I respond. "If I hit my head harder", I glanced around the room looking for more solid object "on the wall, for example, would I get a concussion? Because I really need one."

"I don't suggest you try it", Bruce replied. "Is there something bothering you? Maybe I can help?", Bruce offered.

"Do you want to marry me?", I asked him clearly joking. I have no intention to marry him or anyone else yet. Not to mention I'm only 20.

"You want me to do what?", Bruce asked all confused. The thought of marriage terrified him.

"Relax. I wasn't serious. If only you had seen the look on your face - priceless", I grined.

"What's about you and marriage?", I asked. This time I was serious. I stood up from my chair and went to closed the door of my office, giving us some privacy. Anna forgot to close the door.

"There must have been gorgeous women in your life. I'm surprised you didn't propose to any of the women you dated", I leaned on the table.

"I did", Bruce replied with sadness in his voice. "Twice", Bruce added.

"I'm sorry I didn't know", I couldn't believe someone turned down Bruce Wayne, the most desirable man in Gotham.

"Were they mentally stable?", I asked, trying to cheer him up. It was my fault. I asked him in first place.

"Yes. Why?", Bruce asked confused.

"Who would normally turn down your marriage proposal?", I asked. "I mean, looking at you--", I looked him from head to toe, stopping at his eyes.