𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐏𝐎𝐕)

[Rose P.O.V.]

I came a day earlier. I wanted to surprise Bruce and the boys. I managed to open the front door of the Wayne Manor with all bags in my hands not tripping over the doorstep. I bought them presents from my business trip to Europe.

There was a boy with black hair and green eyes staring at me in the hallway. He looked a little bit intimidating with his straight posture and a serious expression on his face. He was wearing black long sleeve t-shirt and black pants. For some reason, he reminded of Bruce.

"You must be the maid", the boy looked at me from head to toe. I was wearing high waisted ripped skinny jeans and white low top Converse, V neck button down shirt barely pink with my hair lifted in a high ponytail, no makeup. My jeans caught his attention.

"I'm not a maid", I replied confused, waiting for him to introduce himself but instead he kept talking. He looked like the same age as Thomas, maybe a year or two older, I thought.

"After you leave the bags", he glanced at the bags I held and continued. "I need a clean towel and I want an omelet for dinner", the boy asked. His voice was demanding. It's just past lunchtime.

"I'm not--", the boy interrupted me.

"I was wondering when you would show up. I hope you are not paid for your days off. You don't look sick", the boy cut me off.

Why would I be sick? I didn't understand a word he said.

"I'm not sick. And I've already told you I'm not a maid", I repeated a little bit annoyed, putting down the bags. He obviously didn't listen to a word I've said.

What's wrong with him?

"Pennyworth can't possibly take care of the Manor and boys at his old age by himself. I assumed you were a maid", the boys face became deadly serious.

If he calls me a maid one more time, I swear...

"Than you must be one of - -", the boy said.

"Damian, show some respect", Bruce's warning voice coming from the upstairs interrupted him.

So his name is Damian like the son of Satan. How appropriate.

[Bruce P.O.V.]

I was pleasantly surprised to hear her voice coming from the hallway. She came a day earlier. When I heard Damian's voice talking to her, I immediately hurried downstairs to prevent the upcoming catastrophe.

"Damian, show some respect", I warned him. Knowing him, he was about to call Rose a whore. He had a nasty habit of calling all the women in my life whores. Talia's influence on him. I'm going to have to talk to him about it, again.

I glanced at Rose then down at the bags she putted down on the floor. She must have been shopping for the boys. The boys will love it.

How she managed to carry all that by herself?

Rose let her hair down and brushed it with her fingers as Angel ran passed me and jumped into her arms. "What did you do while I was away?", Rose petted her. Angel gave her away to Damian. Damian never met Rose before.

"Aunt", Damian mumbled surprisingly. She didn't hear him.

Rose putted Angel down and came to me. "I wanted to surprise you and the boys so I've decided to come home a day earlier", Rose putted down her arm on my chest, gazing into my eyes, as I putted my hand on her waist and pulled her closer. I gently moved hair from her face and caressed her cheek, meeting her gaze.