73. A Night Without You.

Do you trust the process? Yes or No?

Quinn's POV:

"So that's your desk over there and here are the passwords for each media, and it's kinds just up to you what you want to do with the sites just make it so that it will attract more people not scare them off." Lindsey points at a desk and I drop my stuff by it, "Um so can I use the printer?" I ask, "Yeah anything here you can use, but I don't know why you would need to print anything" She scoffs, GOOD THING IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS THEN, I take out my phone and and I connect it to the computer. I print out a picture of Anna, another of my friends, one of me with Brandon and Tommy, and one more of Anna and me, the printer prints them out and I cut them out. "So what did you print?" I hear Lindsey typing on the keyboard, "Pictures." I say bluntly to her, "Of who?" She asks again, we make eye contact over the top of our computers and I just roll my eyes, "Wow I didn't mean to offend you" She laughs, "You didn't offend me, I just don't know why you keep asking questions." I tell her as I tape the pictures to my computer, "To get to know you better, I mean it's either I look at my screen or I look at you so not many choices I'm afraid." She stops typing and gives all of her attention to me. "Actually you're wrong about that." I give her my attention, "Oh really, enlighten me why don't you." She looks back at her phone, "Well you can watch movies and shows on the screen, read a book on the screen, play games on the screen, talk to someone on the screen, write on the screen,  and so much more so you have a lot of options." I give her a fake smile and she rolls her eyes at me. 

I look at time after finishing editing the Bio and after receiving pictures to upload and Anna would be in 6th period right now, I lean back in my chair and I look over to the desk at the other side of the office space seeing it empty. 

*Flashback 

"Why aren't you paying attention?" Soph asks while I spin a coin on the desk, "Because it's just a review." I tell her, "But we have a test tomorrow." She stops the coin from spinning and I look at her, "Look even Anna is paying attention I can't say the same for Emery." she laughs and I look over seeing Emery make a paper airplane. I lean back in my chair trying to get Anna's attention. "psst boon." I whisper as the teacher talks she looks around the room, "boon psst down here." I hold on the edge of the table so I don't fall back, She looks at me and I wave at her and she takes out her phone. She puts it down and leans her head on her hand. A few seconds I hear my phone go off and I look at the screen still holding myself up by the table. 

Boon <3

Boon <3

You know you should pay attention in class 

Me

I should but rules were meant to be broken so I'm not paying attention
Plus math is boring

Boon <3

True but we have a test tomorrow

Me

I can worry about that tomorrow 

Boon <3

Okay yeah sure

Me 

What I can, anyway shouldn't you be paying attention

I hear a gasp from Anna and I try to hold in my laugh, "Miss. Levine is there something you would like to share with the class?" He asks and I burst out laughing I couldn't keep it in. "How about you Miss. Madden?" "AHHH!" I fall back on the floor and I hear Anna laugh. "Are you okay?" He asks, "Yeah yeah I'm fine, I just got blown away from how great math is." I joke with him, "Mhm okay, anyways back to the problem." He turns around and Soph helps me up, I hear my phone go off again and it's from Anna. 

Boon <3

Boon <3

Are you going to pay attention now

Me 

Fine yes I am

I look over at her and she smiles while rolling her eyes at me

Flashback Ends*

I lean back in my chair and I look at the time, damn is it really that late already, how long was I day dreaming? "Hey!" I snap of it and I look up seeing Lindsey snap her fingers. "Hi." I tell her, "So are you staying late?" She asks and I check to see if my mom texted me, "Uh probably." I respond, "So what do you want from Chick-Fil-A?" She asks, "Huh?" I question, "Well since we're both staying late might as well get food." She says, I mean she has a point. "True, uh nuggets and mac and cheese please." I tell her and she gives me a thumbs up. 

A few minutes go by then I hear my phone ring and I see Anna's face pop up, *Hey boon* I say excitedly, *Hey bubs, how was your first day?* *It was good I'm actually still here so yeah, but how was your second day of tryouts?* I see a bag of food appear in front of me and I see Lindsey wave at me, *Tryouts were actually really good, we're not going to have a third day so we'll know who will make the team tomorrow after school* Anna sounds relieved, *I told you everything will be fine* I laugh, *Yeah you were right, but why are you still at work?* *Because my mom is still working so I'm here and I don't have a car so I can't drive back, did you just get home?* I start eating my food, *Oh right hopefully you can get a car soon and yeah I did but I have to go soon my parents are taking us out for dinner* *Yeah I hope so maybe in a month or so I can get a used car my mom is helping pay for it so it won't take me longer, and a dinner that's nice tell them I said hi* *Haha I will but I have to go now we'll talk tomorrow okay, I miss you so much* *I miss you so much too, I'll see you soon okay?* *Okay goodnight bubs* *Goodnight boon* She hangs up and I sit there smiling. 

"Well who was that?" Lindsey asks tossing me a packet of sauce, "That's my girlfriend." I tell her, "Wow girlfriend she must be very lucky." She smiles, "Nah I'm the lucky one, she's the best no one can beat her." I tell her, "Okay make me feel more single why don't you, by the way do you have an extra fork?" I laugh while I look in my bag and I throw one too her. I take out my wallet taking a look at the picture of her, I really am the lucky one.