24. Close Enough

*DON'T play song yet*

Anna's POV:

We walk back to everyone else and we all sit eating our ice cream talking, "I'm telling you I swear it was huge!" Jade exclaims, "I don't believe you there's no way." Aryasays back, "I'm telling you I will prove you wrong." Jade snaps back, "Oh yeah I'd like you see you try not like you'll find one." Arya laughs, "Yeah I'm going with Arya on this one." Soph mentions and Jade looks hurt hearing that, "Ouch the betrayal I shall pass away now." She lays down on the floor playing dead, making everyone laugh and Soph tries to make come back to life, Quinn comes back from throwing her wrapper away and sits back down beside me, "Hey how's your face?" I ask holding her chin, "Oh it's good the boxes didn't hurt that bad I just bruise easily." She says and I let go, "Did you mean that back there when your mom said that you're lucky to have me in your life?" I ask taking another lick from my ice cream she turns to look at me and once again I am stuck in those Hazel eyes of hers,

"Yeah of course I meant it, there's no one in the world like you, anyone is lucky to have you in their life whether it be in a friendship or in a relationship, just getting to see you walk down the street is worth a lot, no one can just forget about the Anna Hepburn Levine. So yes I am very very lucky to have you in my life." She smiles, ugh my heart is melting how is just all of that like even when we were 9 she was protective like she is now, caring, always knows how to crack a joke, and always has a way with words and she still is like that. "HEY GUYS COME OVER HERE LOOK AT THE SUNSET!" Emery yells and we all get up going to where she's standing, "Wait Anna come here." I hear Daisy whispers and I stay behind a bit, "What is it?" I ask, "I overheard what Quinn said." she smiles, "You mean you eavesdropped." I correct her and she nods her head, "Yes overhearing and eavesdropping same thing yeah whatever, but you can't tell me that you don't have feelings with her." She mentions and I look back seeing her laugh and mess around with Emery and Emmi, "And you can't tell me that Ryan has made you feel that way, I know he only makes you happy, but that's only temporary why not get with someone who can make it permanent." She says and we start walking back to the group, "You're right." I tell her and she wraps her arm around my shoulders, "I know I am." she laughs, "Wow it's beautiful." I let out seeing the sky, "Hey Quinn can you give me a piggyback ride so I can see it better?" I ask and I see her crouch down, "Yeah hop on." she tells me, I hop on and I feel her stand up I look out to the sky being mesmerized by the colors.

"Thank you guys for this." Quinn says and I feel her thumb rub against my thigh, "You're welcome this was fun we have to do this again." Emmi says and everyone agrees, we all stand here watching the sun go down, I wrap my arms around Quinn tighter and I feel her head lean against mine, I'm happy. "Hey I gotta go my mom wants me home." Soph says looking at her phone, "Okay we can all go it's getting dark anyway." Emery adds and we all agree, we walk back to grab ou boards and I hop off her back. "Also remember the party tomorrow." Jade says, I forgot about the party, everyone looks at me including Quinn, "What's wrong?" I ask and Emmi points at her ring finger, "Oh it's going to be fine guys it should be fun." I say hoping that it will distract Quinn from the ring because I saw her face drop. We say our goodbyes to everyone and we hop in her car.

*Play song*

Quinn starts driving but doesn't pay much attention to me, and if she does like me I understand why, hearing that the person you like is getting a promise ring is something you don't to hear or even see. I continue to look at her, one hand on the steering wheel and the other holding her head leaning on the door, it's not completely dark but just enough that the headlights have to be on, she doesn't look sad or stressed but she also doesn't happy or content she looks like she's thinking and her eyes aren't soft nor cold. Her grip on the wheel isn't tight but not loose, and her mouth is shut and only opens when she lets out a breath but I keep hoping its sentence, a phrase even just a word, just something to break the silence. It hurts knowing I don't have the guts to break up with Ryan, if I did I would've done it the second I saw her again. I wish i could turn back the clock with the knowledge that I know I will see her again so I wouldn't have said 'yes' when Ryan asked to be his girlfriend. I would've waited for Quinn I would've waited.