29. Out of Love

*DON'T play song yet*

Quinn's POV:

I woke up feeling a body beside me, I look down seeing Anna sleeping beside me she looks so peaceful, I look up at the clock at it's 9 am, my mom left for work already, I look back down at Anna still sleeping and I start to wake up her up, I texted Tommy saying she's with me so she won't get in trouble with her parents. "Come on Boon, I'll make breakfast." I whisper and I see her eyes start to open, "Good morning Bubs." she yawns holding her head, "I got just the think for your head." I tell her sitting up and she follows, I slowly get off that couch and I make way into the kitchen getting eggs, bacon, fruit and pancake mix, I place a pan on the stove and while it heats up I start beating the eggs and dumping fruit into the blender. "If you want to you can take a shower." I tell her and I see her walk upstairs. I walk back to the pan placing the bacon and then I hear my phone go off, it's Tommy

Best 6th Grader

Best 6th Grader

Good morning, anything new with Anna

Me

Nope, she went to go take a shower, I'll bring her back when we're done

Best 6th Grader

Okay cool, and you're still staying over right? Brandon woke up early to ask if you're still coming

Me

Yeah of course I'll still stay

Best 6th Grader

Bet bet also is it true that Anna got cheated on, one of the soccer boys texted me last night about it

Me

Yeah it's true, I beat him up my hand still kinda hurts but I don't know what happened to him after

Best 6th Grader

Good job I'm proud of you for doing that, but I'll talk to him, and also make sure she takes that $10 ring off

Me

Wait the ring was $10?

Best 6th Grader

Sure is, I was pissed when I found out so make sure she burns it or some shit

Me

Will do

I plate up the food and I pour Anna's hangover smoothie in a cup I set them on the table and I look up at the stairs seeing Anna walk down them, "Hey right on time the foods done" I tell her and we both take a seat, she takes a sip of the smoothie and I see her face light up, "Mmm this is good what's in it?" She asks, "Uh you don't wanna know" strawberries, banana, spinach, one raw egg, pickle juice, orange juice, oh and blueberries, she shrugs her shoulders and starts eating. I look at her hands and I see that the ring is off, "Where's the ring?" I ask her and she looks at her hand, "Oh it's in my pocket why would I wear a ring that was given from a cheater." She says a little angrily, I don't think it's really set in that she got cheated on yet which worries me because I don't know when it will, but I'll be patient with her. "Yeah it was ten dollars, so I don't think it's worth it but it's the thought that counts right." I tell her and she looks up at me, "It's only ten dollars, I'm pretty sure there was no thought whatsoever but can you tell me about last night?" she finishes her food and leans her chin on her hand. "Well when you were playing strip poker Emery, Daisy and Emmi got my attention and they were pointing at something, I couldn't see what was going on because of the amount of people. Emery ended up texting me so I left you for a few seconds and I saw what they were looking at, Emmi had a hard time looking at it that's when you were taken outside, all four of us caught Ryan making out another girl and he told her that he was single so I got mad and I started hitting him each punch harder than the last and each having a reason and then when I went to find you outside, you were standing in the middle of the road and I ran towards you pushing you out of the way".

I look at my hand still being a little swollen, red and bruised. I really hit him that hard. "All of that happened last night?" She asks and I nod, her face seems emotionless. "Can we go to his house?" She stands up, "Wait wait wait slow down why?" I get in front of her, "Because I want to break up with him." She holds my face, "Okay we'll go." I let out, she lets go of my face and walks past me. I watch her walk out of the front door, this girl I'm looking at isn't Anna, this girl is different, she's hurt.

*Play song*

Anna's POV:

I want to cry but I can't, I stand by Quinn's car while I wait for her. I just want to get done and over with before I get hurt more. I hear the front door close and her car beep, I hop in the second I heard it and she gets in a few seconds later and she drives off. I look out the window watching the cars and houses go by. I feel the car stop and I look at the red light ahead of us. I look over at Quinn while she rubs her knuckles, I see the light turn green from her face and the car starts rolling again. She's in the same position when we were driving back from the skate park except something is different, I feel the car stop again and I stop looking at her. I turn my head seeing his house, "Do you want me to go with you? or I can just stand by my car or behind you for support." She asks, "Can you stand behind me but not right behind me?" I ask and I hear her door open, I hop out. I walk to his front door and I ring the doorbell. I look behind me seeing her a few feet away and she gives me nod. I hear the door unlock, opening slowly seeing Ryan's face appear from the back. "Hi Anna um do you want to come inside?" He asks and I shake my head, "We're talking out here." I tell him, he steps out closing the door behind him.

"So?" he questions stuffing his hands in his pockets, "Is it true, did you really cheat on me?" I ask trying to keep my cool, "Y- yes I did but it was an accident" He looks down at the ground, "Why? How is cheating an accident?" I ask him feeling my throat sting, "You're right it isn't an accident." he takes a step closer and I take one away, "But-", "Did you stop loving me?" I cut him off, he looks at me but doesn't answer me, "Was I not enough for you?" I ask him again and he keeps quiet, "Ryan did you cheat because I wasn't enough, is it because I couldn't spend a lot of time with you, is it because of my parents or my brothers, was it because we haven't done anything together in a while, is it because I'm not like other girls where I can just send you shit when you want it, is it because of that? Does it have to do with the way I look, how I speak? How I talk? Is it because I don't look like other girls in the school? WHY RYAN? WHY WASN'T I ENOUGH FOR YOU? WHY DID YOU STOP LOVING ME? WHEN DID YOU FALL OUT OF LOVE?!" I raise my voice trying so hard not to cry.

"Anna we've been together for over a year, you've been the best to me, and treated me like I'm something more in this world, but I knew I could never do that to you. It was after our seventh month anniversary when I realized I couldn't treat you the way you should be, I got cross faded with some of my friends and I woke naked beside a girl that wasn't you, but I hated that feeling of hurting you so I stopped until a month ago when it happened again, I didn't know how to tell you so I didn't." He takes his hand out of his pocket and wipes his face, "So you think it was better to just cheat on me instead of breaking up with me?" I ask and he nods lightly, "So I really just wasn't enough?" I let out a laugh, I dig my hand into my pant pocket pulling out the ring I look at it knowing I'm not going to miss it, "Here you take your ten dollar ring back." I pull his hand towards me and I drop it in his palm. "You should've just dumped me, I would've understood that you didn't want me anymore, but to continue staying with me and lying to my face, that's selfish." I tell him "I'm sorry." He breathes out and I walk away, past Quinn to her car.

Quinn's POV:

I watch Anna walk past me and I see her get into my car. I look at Ryan and we both make eye contact. "Please take care of her Quinn?" I hear him ask, "I will, I always have and I will continue too." I say back. He nods his head and he walks back into his house.