12. I Hate it

Meanwhile:

Anna's POV:

P.E. was boring without Quinn, Jennifer came up to me at the end of class asking where she is and I didn't answer her, why would she care about where she is, she's already hanging out with her on Friday, isn't that enough. I hear the teacher say we can get dressed out and Emmi and Daisy walk inside with me. "Do you want us to come with you when you go to find Quinn?" Daisy asks, I look at the both of them putting my jeans back on and I shake my head, "No this is partly my fault, I'm going to fix this." I tell them putting on my shoes, "Anna it's not your fault, it's Ryan's he stepped out of line." Daisy says and I look up at her with a sad look, "It's still partly my fault, I didn't even defend her till she left, till you all left" I tell them, "You defended her after?" Emmi stops me from what I'm doing. "Yes I did, I got mad at him I started telling him the reasons why she means a lot to me and I only said a few but then I think he guilt tripped me and that's when Lukas came." I feel my throat sting again, "I just want to be close again, I hate being this far apart it isn't right, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, why can't I just be with her." I look at them trying to stop myself from crying, "Maybe break up with Ryan if you want to be with her." Emmi tells me, "I'm not going to break up with him." I tell them and Emmi facepalms herself, "Anna he just almost wrecked your friendship with QUINN and here you are getting all sad about it and yet you won't leave him." Daisy stands up waving her hands in the air, "She's right Anna, why are still with him anyway if you want to be with her, wait do you like her? As in like her like her" Emmi looks at me getting excited, "I don't know my feelings are jumbled up all I know is that I hate being apart from her and that I want to be closer to her again." Diasy sits back down again and holds my face.

"Please for the love of memories you've had and literally what you said to us just now BREAK UP WITH RYAN!" Daisy shakes me, "I'm giving him one more chance," She lets go and just lays on the floor, "You're hopeless Anna Hepburn Levine HOPELESS, HOPELESS I TELL YOU!" She crosses her arms around her chest like she's dead, "I promise though I promise once he messes up I'll drop him for good okay, no running back to him, none of that" I get up to lean over her and she opens her eyes, "Ugh fine we'll take it but I will run him over if you break that promise and I know everyone else will too" Emmi says pulling Daisy up from the ground, "What?" I question them and they look at each other, "Nothiiing just know that we'd do anything for you" Daisy smiles at me and I raise an eyebrow at them hearing the bell ring and we leave the locker room.

I walk to math and I see the desk where Quinn sits and it's empty, Soph probably isn't here yet but I see Emery in her seat already. I walk over to her putting my bag down, "Hey Anna, how are you feeling?" She asks, "I'm doing okay, just worried." I tell her looking at my phone, "I want to call her, maybe text her but I know she won't answer." I say seeing the lockscreen change from Ryan and I to an old picture of Quinn giving me a piggy back ride in fourth grade on the play ground. "She's okay, I know she is" Emery rubs my upper arm. I see Soph walk in the classroom and she waves at us and we wave back. Class goes by and I didn't pay attention, I either looked at the clock, my phone or Quinn's seat. I hate seeing it empty, I look back at my phone seeing that the bell rings in a minute and I start packing my stuff. "Why are you in rush?" Emery asks and I tell that I'm going to find her, she asks if I need help but I tell her that I want to do this on my own.  I hear the bell ring and I rush outside so I can find Quinn, "Anna wait!" I hear Ryan call me and I take a deep breath in, "What now Ryan I don't have the time." I turn around to see him, "I want to apologize to you again, you're not going to break up with me right?" Is he serious? "Ryan not now." I say turning back around and I feel him hold onto my shoulder, "Anna please." He begs, "Ryan not now I need to go." I stay stern and I take his hand off my shoulder and I walk away again.

I walk outside to my car hopping inside, I don't exactly know where I'm going, but I guess going to her house first would be smart. I turn my car on and I hear my phone go off I quickly pick it up hoping it's Quinn but it's just my mom. I throw it to the passenger seat and I drive to her house. After 20 minutes I make it and I see her car parked in the driveway, thank god she's here. I park by the sidewalk and I walk up to the front door and I knock. I didn't hear anything, I knock again waiting for a few minutes but I still get nothing. Her car is here so shouldn't she here too, I walk back to my car then I see a car pull into the driveway, "Anna what are you doing here?" and I see her mom hop out. "Hi Mrs. Madden, um I have to talk to Quinn but I'm not sure if she's here or not because she isn't answering the door" I tell her, and she looks at her car, "Hmm that doesn't seem like her unless she's taking a nap but come on let's go inside it looks like it might rain." and I follow her into their house. I walk upstairs to her room and I knock on her door, but it's silence on the other side, I open the door seeing her room empty, she isn't here. I walk inside seeing pictures on her wall, she looks so happy in them, I continue to look around and I see a Polaroid on her bed, I pick it up and it's the same one of us on my phone. I turn it around seeing my nickname on the back, my boon, I turn it back around see our smiles. That day was a good day,

*Flashback

"Hey Boon look I got a camera!" Quinn runs up to me showing a white weird looking camera, "Are you sure that's a camera?" I ask, "Yeah see look Emery, Emmi and I took a picture already." and she pulls the picture out of her back pocket, "Oh that's cool so it gives you the picture after you take it?" I hand her the picture back, "Yeah it's super cool let's take picture." She's smiles at me, "Okay who's going to take it though?" I ask and she looks around, she takes my hand and we run over to a teacher, "Hi Ms. Rogers can you take two pictures of me and Anna please?" Quinn hands the camera and we stand a few feet away, "Can you give me a piggy back ride for the picture?" I ask her and she nods. I hold on to her shoulders and I jump up onto her back, "Okay girls on the count of three, one..two..three," I see the flash go off and the picture comes out of the top, "Okay one more, one..two..three." I get off her back and we walk to Ms.Rogers and she hands back the camera and the pictures, "Thank you!" We both say and she hands me one of them, "There we get one each and here look." she gets a pen out of her pocket and starts writing on the back. "See it's says 'My boon'." She smiles and I take the pen out of her hand, writing her nickname on the back of mine "And mine says 'My Bubs'." I smile back at her and we start running to the trees at the end of the field.

Flashback End*

I know where she is.