49. Bonfire

*DON'T play song yet*

Anna's POV:

"Hey Brandon come on, we're going to the bonfire!" I raise my voice as I walk through the front door. "I'M COMING ANNA!" I hear him yell as he runs down the stairs, "What is all of that?" I ask as he stands in front of me with his backpack full of paper, "It's my homework and stuff from school." He smiles and I raise an eyebrow, "And why?" I ask again, "Because you said you were burning stuff and I want to throw my homework into the fire because I don't want to do it." He continues smiling, "Brandon there's no way I'm letting you do that and plus mom and dad are going to get mad." I mess with his hair and he drops his backpack on the side of the wall and he puts on a sad face. "It's gonna be okay, remember Quinn will be there and they're also making s'mores." I tell her and he runs out to my car, "DON'T GET CAUGHT ON FIRE!" I hear Tommy yell, "I WON'T!" I yell back, "AND TELL YOUR WIFE I SAID HI!" He laughs, "WE'RE NOT MARRIED!" I rebuttal, "MIGHT AS WELL BE!" He continues laughing. I swear him winning the bet is getting to his head. I close the door behind me and I see Brandon already seated and buckled up in the passenger seat.

Quinn's POV:

"AYO JADE!" I shout as walk into her house, "Honey look it's Quinn." I see Jade's mom walk down the stairs along with her dad, "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Cyrus." I wave at her and they both give me a hug, "It's good to see you again Quinn, Jade is in the back along with everyone else go have fun." Mrs, Cyrus points to the back and make my way over opening the sliding door getting hit by a small wave of heat from the fire, "QUINN!" I see Jade and Emery run over to me putting a bottle of Mikes Hard Lemonade in the my hand, "This is one heck of fire." I take a sip, "I KNOW RIGHT IT'S SO BADASS!" Jade shouts over the music playing, "Tonight is gonna be so much fun." Emery says into my ear and we take a seat by the fire, "QUINN!" I turn my head seeing Emmi, Daisy and Soph along with Arya, "SUP GUYS!" I yell at them, "Where's Anna?" Daisy asks, "She said she's on her way." I tell her and she nods, "CHEERS QUINN!" She reaches her bottle out and I tap my bottle to hers. About 10 minutes go by of talking and throwing random shit into the fire, there was one person that put a whole pair of shoes into it. "QUINN!" I look up seeing Brandon run at me, "BRANDON!" I shout back and I sit him on my lap, "How are you doing Little dude?" I ask him and he starts telling my about his day. I feel an arm wrap around me, "Hey bubs." it's Anna, "Hey Boon." I rub my arms up and down and I feel her let go walking over to Emmi and them with a box in her hands.

Anna's POV:

"Anna you made it." Emmi stands up giving me a hug, "Yup I'm here along with stuff to burn." I show them the box, "Here you're gonna want this." Arya gives me a bottle of Hard lemonade, she's right I am going to need this, "So this is what you decided to do with it, burn it all." Daisy says pointing at this huge ass flame, it honestly looks like it can engulf us all. "Yup I have everything here I doubled checked my room to make sure." I tell them and I take a seat between Emmi and Daisy and I place the box between my feet as I take a sip from my drink. You got this Anna come on, once this is done, you're free, you'll be over him, no more hurting, you got this. I reach down grabbing a pile of envelopes being held together by a rubber banned, and I look at the back of them with my name and a time,

*Play song*

"Are you okay?" I hear Emmi ask, "Yeah, I'm just getting hit with memories when I look at this stuff and it sucks because soon they'll be absolute nothing all because he couldn't keep it in his pants, no matter how hard he tried, I mean he cheated on me multiple times, there's no coming back from that." I tell her and I toss into the fire. He gave me those when he got his phone taken away, he wrote them the way he would talk to me when we were on facetime. I reach down grabbing the photos of us, we took this one on our first date, this one was on our first games of our sophomore season we won, this one when he met my parents for the first time, this one he decided it would be a good idea to prank me and so the next day I did the same thing back, this one where we took Brandon and Tommy out to the mall, Brandon didn't have the best time mainly because we didn't get him a skateboard. This one he took me to the lake for my birthday, ugh my birthday is coming up I totally forgot about it, I look at the last picture and it was us at our first party together, which was a time he cheated on my. I look at the fire seeing the letter already turn to ash and I toss the photos in there seeing them catch on fire, goodbye photos goodbye bad memories even the ones that were good. I look back in the box seeing his hoodie, which actually come to think of it, I remember Jennifer wearing this too, before stopped being friends. She wore this everyday and I just stopped noticing it.

*Flashback

"Hey Anna, are you ready for that test?" Jennifer comes up to my locker, "Yup I pretty much memorized the periodic table so I know I'll do good, is that a new hoodie?" I ask and does a little spin, "Oh so you're with a dude with the last name Thompson?" I ask again and she happily nods her head, "Yup he's so sweet and is actually a really good baker." She mentions and we walk to our class.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few months later

The school doors open letting a cold breeze in and I shiver from feeling it, "Don't you always bring a hoodie with you?" Emmi asks and I nod my head, "Yeah you know I'm forgetful too so today was one of those days." We laugh, "Here babe I got you." I turn seeing Ryan walk up to me and he hands me his hoodie, "Are you sure? This is your favorite hoodie." I tell her and he smiles, "Of course I know it's my favorite but you're my favorite person so it's fitting you know." I put the hoodie on and smile at his scent, "So?" he asks bending his knees to my height, "It smells good." I laugh and he gives me a hug.

Flashback Ends*

I turn the hoodie around seeing his number and and his last name, this is it this is the last one. "ANNA LOOK AT US, I'M SO TALL!" I look up seeing Brandon on Quinn's shoulders roasting a marshmallow, she winks at me and goes back to her conversation with Emery and Jade. "You okay Anna?" I hear Daisy ask, "Yup after this, I know I'll be happier." I look back at Quinn and Brandon laughing, "I'll be happier." I toss the hoodie in seeing it light up. Goodbye Ryan. Fuck you for cheating on me but thank you for bringing me happiness, even if it was temporary.