62. Dance

Morning of the dance

Quinn's POV:

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I rub my eyes open seeing Anna on my chest. I take a look at my phone seeing messages from Tommy, I feel Anna shift against me and I hear Jade snore along with Arya. 

Best 6th Grader 

Best 6th Grader 

Okay so what I'm thinking is we get the soft yellow lights to really set the mood

Me 

Huh

Best 6th Grader 

Your plan I'm thinking of soft yellow fairy lights I know we have some here in the garage somewhere 

Me 

Tommy it's 7am 

Best 6th Grader 

And? Ayo this is supposed to be awesome and spectacular we have to make it better than what Ryan did 

Me

What did he do?

Best 6th Grader

He filled her room with balloons then had streamers from the ceiling and hen he gave her a gift basket

Me

That sounds good tho 

Best 6th Grader

NO! I HAD TO CLEAN THAT MESS UP AND HE WENT OVERBOARD ANNA LIKE SIMPLISTIC AND ELEGANT SO THAT'S WHAT WE'RE GOING FOR OKAY 

Me

Okay okay I understand simplistic and elegant

Best 6th Grader

Good OH MY GOD I have an idea, okay I'm gonna get some stuff have fun at the dance DONT DRINK THE PUNCH SHITS NASTY 

Me 

Noted don't drink the punch 

I put my phone away and I look back at everyone still sleeping  so I decided to go back to sleep.

"OWWWW WHAT THE HECK!" I shoot up with a pillow falling onto my lap, I look to my side seeing everyone Jade, Emery, and Daisy having a pillow fight. "Good morning Quinn." Daisy waves at me before wacking Emery in the face and I stumble off the couch I stand up straight and I see Emmi, Arya, Soph and Anna sitting at my dining table and I see my mom cooking something, "Good morning honey." I hear my mom I walk over to her and give her a hug. "Good morning mom, it smells good." I tell her, I walk over to the girls and I stand behind Anna wrapping my arms around her. "Good morning bubs." She kisses my cheek, "Good morning boon." I kiss her back. I get into the seat beside her and I see Jade, Emery and Daisy seat at the table. "So who won?" I ask, "Me obviously." Emery stands proudly. "Absolutely not I did." Daisy rebuttals, "All I have to say is they both suck and I MOST DEFINATLY WON MUWAHAHAHA!!" Jade jumps on her chair. "Jade sit your butt down." My mom swats her down and we all laugh. 

"Alright I'll be off to work now have fun tonight, I'll see you guys later." My mom waves at us and we wave back, "Okay so what is the plan today it's ten am and the dance is at what five?" Arya asks, "When do you guys want to get dressed, or how long do you guys need?" I ask, "Like an hour." Jade says, "Jade you know that this is a dance right, and they said fancy attire." Soph tells her, "Hey now I am dressing fancy for this." Jade points her fork at all of us, "Okay so how about we leave around two or three that'll give us a couple hours." Emmi mentions to all of us and we all agree. We continue eating for another 30 minutes, and I start washing the dishes as everyone cleans up including any pillows they broke. "Hey Quinn, can we talk?" I look over at Emmi and dry my hands off and we walk into my backyard. "So when you're done getting ready we're all going to meet up at Anna's house after you pick her up then you can take her wherever then we'll meet you guys at the dance." Emmi tells me the plan, "Okay sounds good to me." I say back and we both walk back inside. For the next few hours we just chilled for a bit. 

Anna's POV:

"Hey do you need me to take you home so you can get ready?" Quinn asks me as I  puts on her hoodie, "Um no Emmi said she can take me home and I might need to go early my parents want me home." I tells me, "Alright so I'll pick you up around quarter to five." She looks at her phone, "Yeah that works, I can't wait to see you all dressed up." I smiles, "Uno reverse." She gives me a kiss give a kiss. "AYO Married couple what movie are we watching?" Emery chucks a pillow at her head, "Hit me one more I'll hit you back!" She grabs the pillow and walks over to her and I laugh. "Aren't you going to join?" I look to seeing Emmi walk over to me, "I'd rather not get destroyed." She laughs, "Tonight's going to be fun." She mentions, "Yeah we're going to fun tonight and until the day she leaves." I say in a sad tone, "Hey hey no no no sad voice, we are going to be happy we can be sad when the day comes okay but we are not being sad." She pats my back. She's right no being sad we can be sad later right. 

Time Skip

Quinn's POV:

I finish getting dressed, the flyer said fancy although I don't know why I mean it's a back to school dance not homecoming but whatever, I picked out a black long sleeve button up and gray pants, I put my hair into a messy bun and I put one my white nikes. I take my phone off charge and I text both Anna and Emmi. 

Boon <3

Me 

Hey Boon I'll be over in 15 minutes 

Delivered

I wait a little for a response but I left it, she could be busy. 

Emmi 

Me 

Hey Emmi I'm on my way to Anna's, are you guys done. 

Emmi

I'm all done, I'm just waiting on Daisy to finish up, we'll be there in maybe 30 minutes or so

Me

Okay I'll see you there 

Emmi 

Yessir 

I put my phone in my pocket and I get my wallet and my car keys off my desk. I lock my house and I hop into my car, I text Anna again, but I don't get a response, hmm. That's unusual, I put my phone down and I drive to her house. I park by the sidewalk and I knock on their door. "QUINN!" I look down seeing Brandon open the door, "Hey Brandon! Is Anna here, I texted her but she isn't answering me." I tell him and he looks inside, "She's not here, she left and she took some stuff with her but she didn't take her car she said she needed to take a walk. Tommy said he didn't know where she was." He looks at me, she's not here either. "Did she say where she was going?" I ask and he shakes his head. I hear more cars pull up and Emmi steps out of her car, "Hey Quinn, is everything okay, you look nice by the way." She walks up to the door waving at Brandon. "Thank you, you look nice too but Anna isn't here." I tell her and she looks at me confused.