10. Lunch Troubles

Quinn's POV:

The third period bell rings and I walk out, none of my friends are in that class so it's pretty boring, I see Emery and Jade stand at the end of the hall but I feel someone tap my shoulder, I turn around seeing Jenny behind me and I move to the side of the hall so I don't block anyone's way. "What's up?" I ask her and she looks at me, "So are you going to the party on Saturday?" She asks playing with her hoodie string, "Yeah Ryan actually told me about it and I agreed to go, knowing that my friends are going to make me go." I laugh, "Nice I'll see you there and also are you going to the dance?" She looks at me, "Um a dance?" I ask she turns around and rips a flyer that was stapled to the wall and hands it to me, "Welcome back dance, Saturday, twenty dollars, from seven to ten pm." I say out loud and I look back at her, "Yeah so I don't have anyone to go with so if you're down we can go together, what do you say?" She asks and I nod my head. She gives me a hug and I see her walk away. 

I turn around seeing Emery and Jade behind, "Ahh shit you guys scared me." I hold my chest while they raise an eyebrow at me, "Why were you talking to Jennifer?" Emery asks, "Um because we're friends why?" I ask looking around seeing no one in the hall, "Because that's Anna's enemy?" Jade says and I look at her confused, "Enemy?" I look at the both of them and they look at each other, "Jennifer is Ryan's ex because he cheated on her and then Jennifer started claiming that he also cheated on Anna but it was at a party where we were all a little tipsy so no one really believed her, but come on Anna's waiting for you." She smiles and we start walking to the cafeteria. I didn't know that Anna had an enemy, but I mean Ryan is lowkey my enemy so we're even. We walk inside and I see everyone else and...Ryan, wow. I sit opposite of him while Daisy sits at my left and Emery sits at my right, "Oh hey Quinn, you're still for tomorrow right?" Daisy asks and I nod my head, "What are y'all up too tomorrow?" I hear Ryan ask and I roll my eyes, it's non of his business he should be more worried about how he treats Anna, "We're going long boarding tomorrow." Soph says, "That's dope can I go?" he asks standing up, I feel Anna nudge my foot I look up at her and she doesn't look comfortable and I pull out my phone while they continue to talk. 

Anna's POV:

BUB

Me

Heyyy

BUB

Hi?

Me

Why are questioning my 'Heyyy'

BUB

Because you're literally right in front of me

Me

Yeah but I thought you'd rather not have Ryan know we're close

BUB

Oh right, but he can't control how close you are with me so if gets pissy then he gets pissy

Me

You're right so no more texting in front of him?

BUB

No more

I put my phone away, and Quinn and I start talking, Ryan doesn't seem to take notice so I don't care, "Are you going to the dance?" I ask her and she pulls the flyer out of her pocket, "I don't know probably, are you?" she smiles at me and I nod, "Yeah I'm actually excited for this one." I tell her and I feel Ryan tug my arm, "Come on Anna let's go." He whines, "Go where? I'm talking right now." I look back at him, "I know but you love me don't you?" He says, is he guilt tripping me right now? "Um yes I do but I'm still talking, where do we need to go anyway?" I ask and he looks back at his table with his buddies, "Are you serious? You want to go a few feet away from this table?" I look at him and he nods his head, "Ryan just let her stay." Emmi says, "Yeah she's going to be okay she doesn't need to be under your watch the entire time." Soph adds on, "Well with one of you yes." I hear him mumble his breath, "Hmm what was that Ryan?" how did Quinn hear that, "I didn't say anything." Ryan tugs my arm more, I see her get up from her seat, "Ryan don't be be a liar, no one likes a liar,  what did you say?" She walks closer.

Emery's POV:

"Hey Quinn let's not start this now" I whisper to her but she continues walking to him, I look over at Jade and Arya and we stand up behind her, "What did you say Ryan?" She demands again, "I said that 'with one of you yes'" he smirks and she holds onto his wrist trying to get him to let go of Anna, "Oh so the problem is me?" Quinn questions and he lets go of Anna, "Come on" I tell her and she let's go of him, "Yes actually the problem is you." He says getting in her face, "How is it my problem I've been here not even for a week and you already have a problem with me." her voice is getting angry, "Yeah exactly and you know what's funny about it too because I knew you were going to problem for weeks now." He stands on his toes, Anna tries to pull him back but it isn't working and Jade and I try to pull back Quinn but I forgot how strong she is dammit, "Ryan that's enough now" Anna get it's front of him but he doesn't look at her, he continues to lock eyes with her, "Ryan leave now" I tell him and he turns his attention to me, "Or what? I'm not leaving till she does, she left before she can do it again." He blurts out "RYAN, you take that back right now" Anna yells, "No it's fine he's right I did leave once and I'll do it again" She turns around grabbing her backpack "Just know that just because I leave now doesn't mean you won, you got something right and that was that I did leave, but I intend on staying so watch your back." And she walks away, "Come back! Quinn!" I shout but she doesn't turn around, "Come on Emery let's get her!" Emmi calls me and we start running after her. 

Anna's POV:

"You fucking dick." I say to Ryan's face trying to hold back my tears, "Anna you know I'm not wrong she's the problem, you keep calling her name at night, you literally pushed me out of a window this morning, you've been getting closer to her, what about me I'm your boyfriend, your partner trumps friends." He tells me and I see his eyes go cold, "You're wrong Ryan best friends trump relationship, she's my best friend. It's been fucking seven years since the last time I ever saw her and she made me the happiest kid alive and I just got her back and now I lost her again, you know she's the reason why I keep playing soccer because she's going to be there when we get to the championships, you know that she's the reason why I put my name out there so one day she can find me again, do you know what it feels like losing someone who was the biggest part of you?" I ask him turning my hands into a fist, "No I don't but Anna I'm scared of losing you, you're the biggest part of me, you're the reason why I am who I am, you make me want to be a better version of me, but I can't when I feel you're slipping out of my hands." He pulls closer to his body. Then I see everyone else run after Quinn. "I'm sorry Anna." I hear him say, "Sorry isn't going to fix this Ryan." I pull away grabbing my backpack, "I'll make it up to you remember we're hanging out Friday I'll make it up." He holds my shoulders and I pull away. 

"Man just go." I hear Lukas' voice, "What?" Ryan asks, and I feel Lukas hold me, "Give her space man you just drove off one of the most important people in our lives, then you try to be the bigger person right now, that's too much dude." Lukas tells him and I see Ryan's face drop "Are you kidding me, you too?" His arms fly around "Oh yeah I bet you didn't know but Quinn was and still is one of the best people in my life, she taught me to have in fun and how to be a good person and now you chased her off, leave Anna and the rest of us alone for a bit don't even attempt to fix it." I hold on Lukas tighter and I see Ryan walk closer, "Just go Ryan." I tell him, "Anna?" he says back, "Ryan just go." I turn away from him.