74. Queen Emmi

Y'all seem to really hate Lindsey so I want to know your opinion of her after this chapter.

2 weeks later 

Quinn's POV:

Ugh let's hope this all works out because I will riot if it doesn't. I look at the time on my computer patiently waiting for 12 pm to hit so I can go meet with Mr. O'Connor. "Well someone's anxious." Lindsey points out, "Is it that noticeable?" I ask and she points at my leg. I look down seeing me leg bounce up and down as fast as it can, I didn't even notice. "Yeah I'm just nervous that's all." I tell her as I rub my hands together, "Why?" She stops what she's doing and looks at me. "Uh let's just say when I meet with the boss I need him to say yes not no/" I tell her, "Well I hope it works out for you because it's twelve O'two she points at the clock on the wall." I jump out of my seat and I start speed walking to his office. I walk pass everyone hoping not to get stopped by anyone, I make into the hallway and I calm down, "Okay Ag calm breathe in and breathe out." I whisper to myself. I fix my shirt and I work towards the door taking another deep breath before knocking. 

"COME IN!" I hear his voice and I open the door. I take a glance around the room and I see him typing on his computer and he stops then looks at me, "Quinn good to see you." He stands up and I walk over to his desk, "Hi Mr. O, how are you you?" I ask, "I'm doing great thanks to you, your work with our social medias and our site has brought in more investors so you are making me and everyone else in this company very happy and busy very busy." He laughs sitting back in his chair and he motions for me to sit too. "That's great to hear I'm glad that I've helped it's a good feeling." I tell him, "So what do you want to talk about that this meeting is so important?" He asks, doesn't he know I thought he knows, "Hahaha I'm kidding I'm kidding your face was priceless, you really think I forgot." He bursts out laughing hitting his hand on the desk, Lord have mercy on my soul. "Haha yeah you got me that was a good one." I let out a nervous laugh is this guy serious. "I know why we're having this meeting, I have the papers right here in front of me."  I look down as he slides the papers towards me, "I just need to know why, you never did tell me the reason why you need this so bad?" he asks, "I made promise to my girlfriends little brother that I'd be there for his birthday so I wanted to be there early to surprise him." I tell him and he slightly nods his head. 

"That's adorable, you're a good girlfriend I hope she's the same for you." He tells me, "But you get your leave, I hope you have fun and make sure sure to bring your hundred percent when you come back okay?" He stands up putting his hand out and I stand up after him shaking his hand, "Will do sir, thank you so much!" I let go taking the paper and I walk out of his voice back to my desk, with the biggest smile on my face. "Well looks like someone go the good answer." I look at Lindsey standing up, "HELL YEAH!" I yell high fiving  her, "We should celebrate." She brings her hand down, "Why?" I ask, "Because obviously you're happy about this and I could use an excuse to drink" She sits back down and I do too, "Wait how old are you?" I ask, "I'm eighteen but the boss throws away any liquor that's too 'Weak'." She quotes and I laugh. OH WAIT I jump from my seat and I grab my phone from my pocket waiting for her to pick up. "Come on come on." 

Emmi's POV:

"Hold on guys I got a call" I tell everyone and they stop laughing, "Okay" Emery says and I stand up answering it as I walk a few feet away. *Hey, what's up* I ask, *Hey Emmi so I talked to my boss but how is everyone?* I look back at everyone as they look at me, *We're good, you know a little empty without you but it's funny when we know something they don't so you know acting is coming in handy, but what did your boss say?* *It's a yes!* *That's amazing that's exactly what we needed, so I'll send you what you need because it will take to long to tell you over the phone but just text me when you know you get going* *And you're know for a fact that it'll happen?* *Yes it will you worry about your part and I'll worry about mine then when the time comes we can reconvene again* *Got it, and thank you Emmi, you are doing queen's work* *Haha I'll see you later* *See ya Emmi* She hangs up the call and I walk back to the table. "Who was it?" Avery asks, "Just my favorite cousin." I lie, "What happened?" Anna asks, "Nothing, just Emmi doing Queen Emmi things." I tell them, "ALL HAIL QUEEN EMMI FOR WE ARE IN HER PRESENCE!" I watch Emery and Arya start bowing down. 

A few hours later

Quinn's POV:

"Don't you have your doubts though like every long distance relationship has their flaws right, so what's yours?" Lindsey pours more alcohol into my cup, "Well yeah who doesn't I mean like we've had days where all we can say is good morning and good night because of how busy we are, we've had days where we just can't find anything to talk about and it always feels like something's wrong or that it's just the truth that the relationship wasn't meant to work out in the end and it sucks but we find a way to get our rhythm again so it's not like we won't talk to each other for a week or something." I explain to her, "Yeah I get that my last relationship was long distance and when I went back to visit I found out he was cheating so right then and there I dumped his ass and I didn't think twice about it but I don't regret it, do you ever think that she could be cheating?" She asks and I make eye contact with her, "No." I say without hesitation, "You guys must really love each other then huh, has she ever brought up you cheating or like a dream about you cheating?" She asks again, "She's asked once because she was wondering why you kept posting on snap of random pictures and videos of me when we're working so there's that." I tell her and her eyes widen as she downs her drink. 

"One thing you can tell her is that I am not a homewrecker, I could never break a relationship as strong as yours, I'm jealous honestly I wish my last was like that but some of us just don't get that happy ending and that's what truly sucks. Also I post you a lot because you're really my only true friend here in the entire building everyone else is just an acquaintance so I'm a little sad you'll be gone for a bit but I know I'll see your face again at some point right?" She holds her cup up to mine, "Right." I say back tapping our cups together and we both take a sip, "Now tell me more about her and why you love her because I swear I've never heard someone talk about the love of their life the way you do and as much as it makes me feel even more single than I already am, it gives me hope that love is real." She smiles and leans back in her chair, and I take my wallet out of my pocket and I show her the picture I have of Anna.