70. Goodbyes Aren't Forever

TRUST THE PROCESS...please

*Play song*

Moving Day

Anna's POV:

"Good morning boon time to wake up." I feel Quinn kiss me, "Good morning bubs." I say back and I wrap my arms around her neck. "Today is the day." she moves a strand of my hair behind my ear, "Today's the day." I say back rubbing my thumb against her cheek, "What time are you leaving?" I ask her, "Around noon." she hugs me, I'm gonna miss our mornings the time that we made for us and only us. We both get up from their couch and we prepare for the day, it's already 8am which is only a few hours till she's gone. "Wanna go to dunkin to get breakfast?" She asks, "How are we going to get there? Your car." I ask, "We'll just take my moms she's upstairs anyway," She shows me the keys, "Okay" I tell her, I walk over to her and she takes my hand as we walk outside. We both hop in and I look at the time on my phone, "Hey stop doing that, you're making it worse." She takes my from my hands and I watch it go in her pocket. She's right, I'm trying not to look at the clock but it's hard when the only thing on your mind is how much time you have with someone. She keeps her hand on my thigh as I watch the cars and people go by, the ride is quiet even if there's music playing, I just can't bring myself to say anything.

I feel the car stop and I realize that we're at the drive thru, "The usual?" Quinn shakes me a bit, Uh yes please" I tell her and she rolls down the window, "Oh here it's vibrating." I look down seeing her pass my phone back and I see Emmi's name pop up.

Emmi

Emmi

Good morning, do you know what time Quinn is leaving?

Me

Good morning
She said around noon

Emmi

Okay cool we're gonna come before she leaves to say bye

Me

Yeah that would be nice

Emmi

And we can stay with you if you want?

Me

No it's okay I'm just gonna ride home with Tommy and Brandon because they said they were coming too

Emmi

Alright, I'll see you later

Me

Yup

I lay my phone on my lap and I see her hand my iced coffees and a redbull and she keeps the donuts on her lap, "Is everything okay?" She asks as she starts driving back, "Yeah it's just Emmi." I tell her opening the can, "Alright how about when we get back we watch a movie." She glances at me smiling, "Let's watch Brother Bear?" I ask, "Brother Bear it is." She lets out a laugh, here's another thing I'm going to miss, ughhh why is this so hard. We make it back and we walk through the front door and all I see is emptiness it's like they already left.

A few hours later

Quinn's POV:

We finished watching Brother Bear two and I stretch out my body while Anna's head is on my chest. I hear footsteps on the stairs and I see my mom all dressed up, oh. "Hey, it's time to go" She says and I feel my heart drop. I look at Anna and I can tell she's trying to hold in her tears, she sits up and I follow wrapping my arms around her waist resting my head on shoulder and I just hold for the few minutes I have left. "I love you" She whispers "And I love you" I whisper back. DON'T CRY QUINN DON'T CRY IF YOU CRY SHE'S GONNA CRY THEN SHE'LL BE EVEN MORE SAD DON'T CRY! I feel her stand up, "Come on I don't think the next people that live here will be too happy to find two sad teenagers." She laughs even if it's sad. I agree with her and I throw on her hoodie and I put my shoes one, I put everything back into my backpack and we walk outside. "Quinn remember you'll be taking the car and I'll be driving the truck." My mom walks up to us as we stand in the driveway, "Are you sure you don't want me to drive the truck?" I ask and she shakes her head, a few seconds later I see a my friends car pull up.

"QUINN!!" I see Brandon run up to me and I pick him up. "Hey buddy, I'll miss you." I tell him, "Remember my birthday." He says as I put him down, "I won't forget remembered I pinky promised." I hold up my pinky and he shakes it. "Ahh damn leaving again huh best fourth grader." Tommy walks up to me and gives me a hug, "Yeah but you can't get rid of me I'll be back again ready to beat your ass in Mortal Kombat best sixth grader," I laugh, "Damn looks like I gotta put some more hours." He pats my back, "QUINNNN!!!" I see everyone else run up to me almost tackling me to the ground, "Emery stop crying." Daisy tells her, "Hey she's leaving I get to cry as much as I want." She argues back, "Don't do anything stupid." Jade tells me, "or Crazy." Arya adds on, "Are you kidding I'm leaving all of it with you guys." I give each of them a hug, "Let me know when you get you leave approved so I can let you know about the season," Emmi whispers in my ear as I hug her, "You got it thank you again," I whisper back, "No problem," I hug everyone else and I turn around and I see Anna crying.

I jog up to her and I hug her picking her up from the ground, "I'm going to miss so much," She cries, "I'm going to miss you so much too," I say back and I put her down. I cup her face wiping the tears away and I look into her eyes. This id the goodbye that I want to avoid yet here I am about to say the word but goodbyes aren't forever, I'll be back and I'll keep coming back until I stay. This isn't the end, it won't ever be the end. I connect my lips on hers and I keep them there just feeling her since this will be last for a while. God I don't want to leave. I hear the truck honk and I pull away. I hug her one more time before I let go. "Be safe safe bubs" She walks with me to my moms car and I hop in. "Always boon," I say back and I close the door and I roll down the window. I see the truck start to move and I start pulling out of the driveway. "ILL SEE YOU GUYS LATER!" I stick my head out of the window, "BYE QUIN!!" They yell and wave back, I look at Anna one more time and she cracks a smile giving me a little wave and I do the same before looking ahead of me as I follow the truck out of the neighborhood.