72. A Day Without You.

The next day

Quinn's POV:

"Quinn come on get up it's your first day of work we can't be late, now." I hear my mom knock at the door, I've been up for a few hours Anna's been on my mind. I just want to be with her again and I will be, not now but soon I guess, if everything works out. "QUINN WE HAVE TEN MINUTES TILL WE LEAVE!" I hear my yell again, I sit up in my bed and grab a pillow, "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I scream into it. I quickly get ready and I grab my computer and I stuff into my backpack. "I'm ready mom." I run down the stairs, "Okay let's go come on we don't have all day." I follow her out of the house and we hop into her car. I feel my phone vibrate and I see Anna's name pop up.

Boon <3

Boon <3

Good morning bubs, I hope you have fun on your first day of work I can't wait to hear all about it

Me

Good morning Boon, 2nd day of tryouts you got this in the bag and thank you hopefully it's exciting as it sounds.

Boon <3

I'm a little nervous today we got a new coach so everything is new and I also think he doesn't like me

Me

Wait what happened to your old coach and why wouldn't the new one like you

Boon <3

Maternity leave, and because I may have not taken over the tryout I mean Daisy and Emmi helped but I don't think he liked it

Me

I'm sure it won't affect if you get on the team or not, he should be looking at your skill and how you work with others not if you have a connection with him. And I've seen you play US Women's soccer team material and plus you're so sweet and you get along with everyone there's a reason why they voted you to be captain

Boon <3

Bubs

Me

I mean it, don't worry about it you'll be just fine

Boon <3

Thank you. I know you'll rock this job

Me

Let's hope so, I need to work my ass off to get my sick days

Boon <3

What's up with you and those sick days

Me

I'm saving them up I promised Brandon I'd be there for his birthday so

Boon <3

Oh okay that makes sense

Me

Yeah but I have to go I'm here, I'll talk to you later.

Boon <3

Okay have fun, I love you

Me

I love you too.

"Let's go Quinn." I hear my mom say, I put my phone in my pocket and I hop out of the car and I follow her inside this building, kinda looks looks the STARK tower from the avengers just without the landing pad and less advanced technology wise. "Welcome back Ms. Madden" A lady at the front desk greets her, "Wow mom are you famous or something?" I ask her as we walk around still being greeted by people in business clothes, I'm definitely not dressed for this here I am in baggy pants and a baggy shirt with Anna's hoodie hanging over my shoulder. "Well not famous per se, I'm just really well known within the company I'm like the playmaker in basketball without the playmaker is no game, no team, no rhythm. So that's my job." I follow her into a huge office with a glass door, her desk sits in the corner and you can see everything in front of the office. "So what's my job?" I ask her, "I don't know you'll be meeting with my boss in a little bit, so once I get settled we'll head over there." I take a seat by the wall and I see a few people come inside. I hear them talk about what no and I just ignore it, I look around the room seeing certificates, a few awards and I look out seeing more on peoples desks.

"Okay thank you." I hear my mom say and she leads the people out, "Alright let's go." She motions me to follow her, I grab my stuff and I start following her to the other side of the building. I came here yesterday and it was just a tour day and honestly I'm still lost so we'll see how well this will go. We walk into this long hallway with double doors at the end, my mom knocks and the doors open, "Ah Ms. Madden good to see you again." I see a tall man get up from his seat and he hugs my mom, "You must be Quinn?" I sticks his hand out, "Yes sir that's me." I shake his hand, "It's to nice to finally meet you I'm Mr. O'Connor, but you can call me Mr. O either is fine, please take a seat." He let's go of me and my mom and I take seat in front of his desk. "So let's get you started started up my job for you is social media, I know you teens are always caught up in the latest tech advancement so I need you to help us out with our social media accounts such as instagram and our company website." He pulls up his computer and shows the website and from first glance it can use some work, no one uses the encyclopedia tab on a website. "Is that it?" I ask, "Yes that's about it, you'll be working in our media department which not far from my office but it is still on this side of the building, come on I'll show you." I see him stand up and I look at my mom. "Go on I'll catch up with you later." She hugs me and I start to follow Mr. O'Connor.

"How do you like it here so far?" He asks, "Uh I like it but I do miss it back home." I tell him, "Still got your friends back there?" He asks, "Yeah they've been my friends since kindergarten and my girlfriend is also back home." I tell him as we walk passing work spaces and desks, "Ahh got it, well hopefully you will be able to see them soon." YEAH I DO HOPE SO YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S SUPPOSED TO SIGN OFF ON MY LEAVE, We continue walking and we stop another workspace with instagram and snap screenshots posters hung up on the wall. "Well here's our media department and this is Lindsey, she's the head and my personal assistant and she'll be helping you out with all these adjustments and what we look for here, so Lindsey this is Quinn you'll be helping her get caught up and you'll show her how stuff works around here." He introduces us.

"Hi." She shakes my hand, "Hi Lindsey" I say back, she's smaller than me, ginger hair, green eyes and uh small hands. "Well I'll have to get going but I hope you two get along." I watch Mr. O'Connor leave and I turn back to Lindsey, "So uh what now?" I laugh nervously this girl kinda intimidates me.