"Do what again?" she asked. "Why are you covering your mouth, dear?"

Auntie approached me, "Did you get a tongue burn?"

I shook my head. Jasmine laughed. "Rose got a big pimple on her nose, Mom!"

"It's normal for a lady to get pimples!" I said, removing my hand off my face and continued eating my toast. JK is sipping his coffee silently.

"No, my teacher said it's because you're unhygienic," Jasmine retorted. I stuck out my tongue at her.

"That's enough," Auntie said and sat beside her daughter. "Right, when will your holiday break start?"

"Mine's this Wednesday," Jasmine said.

"Really? That's great, how about you two?"

"Next week, Auntie," I answered. JK seems not to be speaking with his mom yet.

"Well, that's good! Let's go out of town next Monday!"

"Mom, I want to go to the amusement park!" Jasmine nudged her mom. "Please?"

"Well, it could be a great idea," Auntie laughed and turned to me. "How about you Rose? You want to go somewhere?"

"Ahm, no, Auntie. I'd love to go to the amusement park too." I glanced at JK. "You, JK?"

He looked at me then placed his cup on the table. "I already have plans."

"But JK!" Jasmine started to protest but her mom stopped her. She just stomped her feet and spent the rest of breakfast pouting into her cereal bowl.

Meanwhile, JK finished his coffee and went back upstairs. When I passed by his room, I heard loud music.

He seems just cool, after what happened last night.

It also looks like he doesn't want to talk about it.

"Why are you staring at my brother's door?" Jasmine's head peered from her door.

I gave her a face and went to my room. Sighing, I lie down on my bed.

Shall I ask JK about it?

Shall I initiate the topic?

Or maybe I should not?

I look at his room. His curtains are drawn. I wonder how he is... I also hope he'd speak to his mom again.

Knowing that I would not be able to see him, I went back to my room. Tomorrow, everything at school will return to normal. Classes, exam before the holidays, completion of requirements. I readied my things and tried reviewing, but geez! My mind just drift off to last night. Giving up with the intention of catching up with schoolwork, I went out of my room.

I saw Auntie seated at the dining table, looking at a big book that looks like a photo album. I approached her. "Hello, Auntie."

"Oh, hi, Rosie dear! Sit here," she  pointed at the chair on her right. "I have something to show you."

I obeyed. Auntie moved the book closer to me, and I saw beautiful wedding pictures. The bride, her bridesmaids, the groom and his groomsmen. There are also cute little toddlers dressed as angels with pink head dress made of cotton carnations.

"Aren't they lovely?" Auntie smiled at the photos.

"Whose wedding is this, Auntie?"

"I don't know." Aunt Annaly laughed, then she smiled at me, but her eyes are sad. It's the first time I saw her with those eyes. "This is a wedding scrapbook I made when I was in college. Rhea still laughs at me whenever she remembers that I made something like this."