Chapter 30

Chapter Thirty

The morning slowly rolled in, bringing that same dread to the pit of Sephy's stomach. She blinked until her eyes refocused on the new light. The television was replaying yesterday's headlines, the same riot shots being played over and over again. She was surprised that Eragon hadn't ordered them down by now.

She hit the mute button and sauntered into the bathroom to shower. The cold water woke her up faster and when it finally reached the warm temperature, she leaned against the wall and shut her eyes.

“Persephone?” She peeked her head out of the shower door to see the back of Gage. He scanned the bedroom before hearing the crashing of water in the shower. “You in the shower?” He called out. She quickly grabbed a hold of the nearest towel and stepped out. Pulling her dripping hair to the side, she made wet footprints all along the tiled floor until she got to the door.

“Yes.” She said when she reached the doorway. Gage took her in for a moment and then nodded. In his hands, he had two plates of breakfast; fried eggs, toast, bacon,sausages, pudding and orange juice.

“I brought breakfast.” She had an urge to smile, and unable to contain it, she let her lips tug upwards. He set one plate onto the bedside table.

“Aren't you eating with me?” She questioned him, her voice almost timid, as he walked towards the door.

“You want me to?” He seemed caught off guard by her suggestion.

“Of course.” Looking happy, Gage nodded and sat on the bed, his plate of food on his knees. “I am just going to turn the shower off.” She told him.

“I'll wait for you.” In the bathroom, she slowly made her way over to the shower.

Once the water was off, she listened as Gage moved onto the bed, ruffling the blankets a little. Quickly, Sephy got dressed again and went into the bedroom. Gage regarded her for a split second before patting the bed beside him. She climbed on without saying anything and pulled her breakfast onto her knees.

The two of them ate in a comfortable silence, just looking at eachother very few seconds. She didn't want to think about what the day would eventually come to, but the thought of it kept barging its way into her mind as if it had a battering ram. When Gage smiled, it was contagious. Sephy immediatly began to smile aswell and when he began to laugh, she felt her face go a little red as he reached over and quickly wiped her chin.

“Oh, right..” She muttered, hiding her face behind her hair. Gage continued to laugh as he wiped his fingers off on his jeans. She looked up at him and wrinkled her nose a little. Gage watched as her nose crinkled and her lips pouted.

“I'm going to miss you, you know.” He told her as he laughed. Sephy began smiling, a little. As Gage leaned in to her, she caught her breath. He took a hold of her chin and held her in place as his lips brushed against hers. A warm chill spread through out Sephy's body. Her pulse began to quicken as Gage started to move away. She brought her hands up and pulled his face to hers. Their lips didn't touch against eachothers. Gage's eyes flickered over at the television. He narrowed his eyes and pulled away from Sephy.

Pulling the remote from under him, he turned the television up. The two of them looked confusedily at the news as flashes of lights filled the screen. Along the bottom of the screen, the banner read: Eragon Strikes Back

The camera work was shot from a low quality camera and from someone who had an unsteady hand. It jolted from side to side, catching glimpses of people running in every direction away from people in gas masks and bullet proof suits. Soon, it steadied and a clear view of one of Eragon's soliders came onto the screen.