chapter 6

6.

As the musicians started to play, Sephy made her way to the bathroom. Outside, it was dark now and with the bathroom window open, a slightly cool breeze sneaked it's way into the warm room. There was a marble counter with a golden sink in the centre of it. An oval mirror sat on the wall inbetween two candle holders. A door was to her left that led to the toilet it's self and the door on her right led her back to the Ball that had just begun.

She powdered her nose and took a deep breath. Her team had done a wonderful job. Her caramel skin was flawless and her golden eyes stood out even more than usual. Anna, the make-up artist, highlighted her eyes by sprinkleing white eyeshadow around her eyes and tracing a little bit of brown shadow under her eye and on the lid.

Her wardrobe stylist, who Sephy still didn't know the name of, had managed to get a dress that Sephy was actually comfortable in. It was made of a fabric she didn't recognise. It felt lite like silk, though. And Chloe had curled her hair and pinned it up, leaving a few of the curls loose and adding a golden hair piece to hold it all in place.

She calmed her heart race before leaving the bathroom. She wasn't nervous or scared anymore. Not after hearing the other contestants speak. What had her heart racing was anger.

Anger for Eragon for everything he stood for. And now, a son of his would be coming to the world , one that he created, through her mother.

When Sephy opened the door, the dining room was transformed into a Ball room. Everyone was on the dancefloor or else standing talking to other guests or the contestants.

The large, round tables had been removed and been replaced by smaller tables that circled the the dancfloor.

"Persephone-" She looked to Damian who had been talking to anyone he could.

"Sephy-" Her name was called at the same time by Gage. She didn't particularly want to be around either of them. But Gage seemed like he would be the least annoying of the two. Gage walked towards her and met her halfway. Sephy heard Damien walk up behind her as she met Gage. She sighed when he put his hand on her arm. She saw Gage narrow his eyes but for only a second as he watched Damian.

"Lets dance." Damian took her hand and pulled her towards the dancefloor and away from Gage.

"Why so eager?" Sephy asked him as he gently placed one of his hands on her waist lightly and held her hand in his other.

"I don't like him. That Welker guy." He explained and lightly led the dance. She was aware that the cameras were on the two of them, at least some of them were. She could see them in the corner of her eye, silently taking pictues of the two of them while others filmed them. Damian smiled falsely as he spotted the cameras, too.

Joshua stood at the edge of the room, near the double doors that led to the kitchen. He was on strict orders to make sure every guest had a glass in their hand. Two if possible. But he stood idle, watching Faith, Gage and Sephy, all on the dancefloor. Well, Gage was standing by it, but he could tell that his older brother was about to be approched by an attractive woman with jet black hair, pale skin and red lips. Her dress was red, like her lipstick, and it was strapless, her thin shoulder blades poking out of her back.

Just on time, the woman and Gage began dancing to the music; every woman wanted to be able to say they had danced with a contestant at the Ball. But Joshua wasn't jelous of the female attention his brother was getting, he only had eyes for one.

Faith hadn't left the dancefloor since she was finished answering questions from the media. All of the guests and contestants wanted a shot at dancing with her. Joshua was jelous and upset that he wouldn't be able to dance with her, though.