Chapter 17

Hey guys and gals! So OMG- only 3 days till Christmas!! What did you ask for this year?? :O :O Okay, back to the story, so here is chapter Seventeen, can you believe it?? Anyway I just want to thank everyone who has been reading it up till now!! It means soooo much! Hope you like this chapter as much as I like writing it!! ;D Comment!! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Seventeen

The Arena was dark. It was damp and Sephy's footsteps echoed all around her. She could hear the faint noise of water dripping on her right. She was alone, but it wouldn't last for long. Her station, Swithin, Alec and Clint would join her, she suspected. Orders had been barked at all of them that they are not allowed to kill their opponents in this Arena. Unfortunatly, she had an urge that she wanted to fufill- kill Swithin. But she couldn't. Not in this Arena.

As Sephy waved her hand infront of her insearch of something to hold onto, she tried to imagine what Eragon and his team had come up with this time. She would have to find out off of Alec when he came sliding down their enterance, into the black hole.

No weapons this time. They were in a pitch black cave-like place where they couldn't even see their hand infront of their face. Sephy moved around slowly, clutching at thin air until she clasped onto a sharp rocky wall. She put her back to it and listened carefully.

In the silence, the drops of water seemed to echo and magnify around her. She was still, for a long moment, before she heard the extremely light drop of somebody landing on their two feet, the complete opposite of the way she, herself, had landed; she had fallen to the ground with a loud thud, landing on her butt and realising how much the burns on the back of her legs hurt, aswell as the stitched up wound on her stomach. She was surprised that she was able to function with the knife wound. But it wasn't that bad to begin with, anyway.

“Persephone?” Alec's whisper flitted through the air.

“I'm over here.” She called back in a hushed voice. Something bigger than them could be lurking in the darkness. With only the direction of the sound of her voice, Alec was at her side within seconds.

“Anybody else down?” Alec asked her. They had all been seperated to go down different spirlling tubes.

“No. I'm first. What is going on?” She asked him. His hand touched off of hers for a second before he rested it on the rock wall. His breath hit her face and then disappeared again as he moved his face to the side.

“We only have a minute. Basically, Eragon is taking who we love the most and bringing them in here.” Sephy's mind raced for a moment.

“And then what?” She asked him. Alec didn't answer her for a moment. She felt he was reluctant, more on edge than he had been from the beginning of this whole game.

“Either we leave, or they do.” She knew Alec couldn't see her, but her jaw dropped. “We choose wheather the people we love leave the Arena alive and we stay to die, or else we leave them behind to take our place.” She was horrified as more words came out in a whisper from Alec. She could hear the pain in his voice. She imagined what his expression would be. Shaking her head in disbelief, she heard more feet hit the ground, this time they were louder than Alec's, yet still had a skill to them. Sephy felt Alec's hand on her shoulder and she stayed quiet.

“Hello?” The voice was Clint's. He didn't wait to move around. Even with Eragon's orders, none of them could trust other contestants. They listened carefully as he kicked around some rocks.

“H- Hey! What do you think you are doing?” Clint's voice was angry and Sephy heard a bit of a hustle.

“Just making sure you are un-armed, is all.” Alec's voice came from the same direction and Sephy immediatly put her hand on her shoulder; she hadn't even realised that he had moved away. He was so quiet.