14. Wait For Me

Jungkook's POV
"Hyung, but I want to go home."
I whined when the members didn't allow me to leave our apartment.

We had an apartment of our own. The neighbours on our floor were friendly and respected our privacies.

The swanky apartment complex were filled with actors and wealthy business people. This was our safe place other than the bar.

"No! Ever since you bought that apartment, you never come home anymore."
Jimin pouted with his arms folded as he leaned against the door, preventing me from escaping.

"Jimin's right. We understand that you want some privacy and alone time, but it's no fun here without you."
Hoseok hugged me from behind with his arms secured around my torso.

"Are you hiding something at home? Why're you always so excited to go home?"
Yoongi smirked lazily, sprawled out on the big sofa.

"Hyung! It's not like that." I sighed and surrendered, striding over to lay beside Yoongi.

"Yay, Jin hyung, Jungkookie is staying tonight. Let's watch a movie."
Taehyung suggested as Jin walked out from the kitchen.

"Movie? It's 1am and we have another busy schedule tomorrow."

Namjoon shook his head while Taehyung and Jimin's bright smiles disappeared into a frown.

"Exactly. Get some sleep while you can now or you'll regret it."
Yoongi advised before falling to a deep slumber on the sofa, light snores could be heard from him already.

"How can he fall asleep in just a second? Anyways, I'm going to bed. Hobi hyung, let's go."
The jamless silver haired boy, Jimin dragged Hoseok to their room.

We each had a room to ourselves except for Jimin and Hoseok. There was an extra large room, so they decided to share it.

I went inside my room as well and waited patiently for the members to fall asleep. It was almost 2am now. I couldn't help but to wonder if Y/N was sleeping.

"Should I call her?" I mumbled to myself, sitting on my bed as I dialled her number.

"She might be sleeping. Will she answer?"

After a few minutes of debating whether I should call her or not, I finally pressed the phone against my ear.

Unexpectedly, she answered after a few rings. My eyes enlarged when I heard soft whimpers and sobs on the line.

"Y/N? Why aren't you sleeping? Are you okay?"
I panicked when she started hiccuping. It took her a few minutes to stop the hiccups before speaking up in a shaky voice.

"I-I'm in Busan now. My d-dad, he's got a heart attack and he's still in the s-surgery room. Why isn't he coming out? Why? Jungkook, why is he not out yet?"

Her soft cries turned into loud ones. She was crying her heart out now and my heart clenched at that.

"Hang up, I'm coming now."

I said, jumped out of my bed and grabbed a coat before rushing out of my room.

"No! Don't come. You still need to work tomorrow, just don't hang up and stay with me like this."

A huge sigh left my mouth as I ran my fingers through my hair helplessly.

"Y/N, how can I work when you're crying like this? It's painful for me to hear you like this. Do you expect me to go on TV with a fake smile while you cry here?"

I toned down my volume a little when I saw Yoongi still asleep on the sofa. Tiptoeing to the balcony, I leaned my body against the glass railing and shivered when the cold night breeze hit my face with the breathtaking night view of Seoul.