37. Faults

Jungkook's POV
I was too late. The moment I reached there, Yejin already stabbed Y/N with a knife.

Tears started to stream down my cheeks. I hated myself for running so slowly, thinking that Y/N could handle it herself, it's all my fault.

I quickly fished out my phone to call for an ambulance and the police before rushing over to Y/N's side.

Yejin was already on the run, I couldn't bother to chase after her now, my woman's in pain.

"Y-Y/N, I'm sorry."
I brought her into my embrace as she clutched onto her stomach in pain.

My heart clenched and ached seeing her in this state. I intertwined her bloody fingers with mine, ignoring the crowd around us.

"Isn't that Jungkook?"

"Oh my gosh, my Kookie has a girlfriend?"

"Wait, she's the one from the news!"

"What happened to her?"

"I need to get his autograph right now."

"Jungkook is so hot, I'm dying."

A person is literally bleeding and dying in front of that dramatic teenager, causing my blood to boil.

"You're not dying, she's dying!"
I yelled out of frustration as more tears poured out from my watery eyes.

The girl cleared her throat awkwardly as more people started to gather around me and Y/N.

"Jungkook, get the damn ambulance."
My head shot back to Y/N who called out to me weakly.

"It's coming, hang in there."
I left a kiss on her forehead before carrying her bridal style.

Everyone took out their phones and started to take photos of us which annoyed me even more.

Soon, the ambulance and police came. Three paramedics rushed down and moved Y/N to a stretcher as I followed close behind.

"Are you her guardian?"
One of the paramedic asked and I quickly nodded.

"Hop on."

•••
A few hours had passed. We were still outside the operation room, waiting anxiously.

The hyungs cleaned up our stuff at the park and rushed over to the hospital as soon as I called them.

We wore our masks, so that no one would recognise us as usual.

Sweat trickled down my forehead as I fiddled with my fingers. I bit my bottom lip when Yoongi hyung took my hand into his to reassure me.

"H-Hyung, it's all my fault."

"You know it's not."
He patted my head and gestured for me to lean on his shoulder as I obeyed.

"No, it's my fault. I thought she could handle it herself and took my time walking to her since she was my strong peanut, but I was wrong. She's still just a little baby and I failed to protect her."
I said and mentally slapped myself for being such a horrible boyfriend.

"Jungkook, she is a strong girl. It was an unfair fight since Yejin had a weapon on her. Y/N chased her and knocked her down, that's pretty cool you know."
Namjoon who was sitting across from us said.

"Yeah, Yejin had a weapon and Y/N didn't know that."
Jin agreed.

"Jungkook-ah, she'll be fine. Don't be too hard on yourself and don't blame yourself."
Taehyung added.

I took in their advice and calmed myself down. My breathing soon went back to being stable and I was no longer sweating.

The only thing that I can do now is to hope that Y/N will be okay.

•••
Y/N's POV
The light shimmered around me, causing my eyes to flutter open slowly.

I squinted my eyes when it was too bright before slowly adjusting to the light.

Everything was white. The walls, the bed, the curtain, everything was just very white.

"Where am I?"
I mumbled to myself as I scanned the unfamiliar room.

I was on a bed. There was a sharp needle poking into my hand which felt super uncomfortable. There was this familiar hospital smell in the room which I hated.

"Hell no, am I in a hospital?"
I gasped softly to myself and sat up in shock, only to groan in pain when I felt a stinging pain on my stomach.

My eyes widened when I lifted up my hospital gown and saw a bandage wrapped around my stomach.

Then, I remembered everything. Yejin stabbed me. Wait, where's Jungkook? What about the photos? Hundreds of questions flooded through my brain and it frustrated me when I couldn't get any answers.

I shivered when both of my feet came in contact with the cold floor. Ignoring the banging headache and the pain on my stomach, I used the walls for support and slowly walked myself out of the room as I dragged the pole that was hanging the IV drip along with me.

"Miss Y/N? You shouldn't be walking now."

A random nurse popped out of nowhere and shooed me back in to the room. I whined when she placed me back on the bed, it was so stuffy and uncomfortable.

"I'll get Doctor Kang so that he can give you a checkup, wait right here."

She instructed before walking to the door, but stopped to turn to me with an obviously excited look on her face.

"Uh, can I get your boyfriend's autograph?"
She asked as her cheeks slowly turned into a shade of Scarlett red.

"Who's my boyfriend?"
I squinted my eyes at her. Oh yeah, I'm dating the Jeon Jungkook, almost lost my mind there.

"Oh, you mean Jungkook? I'll ask him about it."
I replied with a polite smile, causing her to giggle.

"Thank you so much, I'm a big fan."

"No, I should thank you for being his fan."
I slightly bowed to her in which she returned sweetly before leaving me alone.

Letting out a weary sigh, I fall back onto the bed and recalled everything that happened.

We were just celebrating little Kookie's birthday, how did I ended up here? Why would I allow her to stab me? Why was I so careless? I completely ruined Jungkoook's birthday.

It was all my fault for being so careless.

Just when I was about to blame more on myself, the door swung open, revealing two men in uniforms, police uniforms to be exact.

"Sorry to disturb, are you Miss Lee Y/N?"
One of the officer spoke up as he showed me his badge.

"That's me. Can I help you two?"
I sat up again and questioned him with a puzzled expression.

"Yes, I hope you're fine now. We need to ask you some questions regarding Jang Yejin."

To Be Continued

i wont be updating everyday now since im busy with school and stuff :( and sorry this chapter sucks lmao