41. Don't Come Back

Y/N's POV
"Sorry, Jungkook. I'm going to go find a makeup artist for you. Wait here."
Donghee said and rushed out of the room.

The concert was going to start soon. It was a chaos backstage. Jae In went to God knows where with Tony and told me to wait here, in a makeup room with Jungkook.

The rest of the boys went out to practice their vocals and dance. Jungkook was the only one who hasn't got his makeup done. His makeup artist suddenly fell sick and there wasn't enough people.

We haven't spoken a word. I stared at him through the mirror as I was sitting on a couch.

He ruffled his hair out of frustration and narrowed his brows at the makeup sitting on the tray and table. It was obvious that he was debating whether he should do it himself.

"That's not how you do it."
I sighed when he put on too much foundation which made him look like a ghost.

He looked at me through the mirror with wide eyes. I cleared my throat and walked to his side before wiping the thick foundation off his face.

"I don't know much about makeup, but I'll try. Is that okay?"
I asked for his permission.

Instead of answering me, he stared straight into my eyes expressionless.

Jungkook's POV
"Jungkook?"
She waved her hand in front of my face to bring me back to reality.

I blinked multiple times before parting my lips slightly.
"S-Say that again."

She raised an eyebrow at me confusedly.
"Say what? I don't know much about makeup, but I'll try?"

"No, after that."

"Is that okay?"

"After that."

"Jungkook?"

My heart skipped a beat when my name slipped out from her tongue. It's been so long.

I missed her, her everything. Her soothing voice, her warm touch and her bright smile. The thing is, she's not smiling now and it is all my fault that she lost that beautiful smile.

I wanted to pull her into my embrace and hug her for the whole day, no, forever, but I knew I was in no place to do that. It also looked like she and Jae In were more than just a boss and secretary.

"Anyways, I'll take that as a yes. We need to put on some moisturiser first."
She shrugged and started to look around the table for the moisturiser.

A tint of pink formed on my cheeks when she pushed back my chair and came closer to my face. The moment her soft hand came in contact with my skin, I felt myself melting as if I was a snowman.

"I hope Donghee wouldn't mind me doing this."
She whispered out loud and put on the perfect amount of foundation and concealer.

She held my chin up with her index finger when my head dropped a little unintentionally.

"I'll leave your brows for the makeup artist Donghee's bringing, I don't want to ruin it."
She said softly and her hand went down to my lips.

She stared at me as I bit my bottom lip anxiously. Please don't look at me like that, I won't be able to hold myself back.

Just when I was about to lean in closer to her, the door swung open, disturbing our moment. I rolled my eyes when I saw a girl running into the room.

"Oh, Jungkook, sorry— Who are you?"
The girl eyed at Y/N from top to bottom with a very judging look on her face.

Y/N quickly distanced herself away from me, causing her to stumble a little.
"Sorry, I'll get going now."

She glanced at me one last time before rushing out of the room, leaving me dumbfounded and slightly disappointed.

"Isn't she your ex?"
The girl walked towards me and started to grab a makeup brush.

Letting out a weary sigh, I nodded my head as a response, already missing her warm touch.

"She did a horrible job at putting on your concealer—"

Before she could finish her sentence, I grabbed her wrist that was about to touch my face and shot her a thretening glare.

"Don't you dare say that about her."
__

Loud cheers and fan chants could be heard. The boys sweet voices echoed in the stadium.

I dragged my feet out of the stadium using the back door. It was already dark. The cold air hit against my face and hair. I closed my eyes and inhaled the fresh air.

"Hey, where were you?"
A familiar voice invaded my thoughts.

Turning to the owner of the voice, my lips tugged up into a smile when I saw Jae In walking towards me with his hands in his pockets.

"Inside. Where's Tony?"
I asked, looking around.

"Backstage."
He answered and I nodded as a response.

We stayed silent for a few moment. It wasn't uncomfortable or awkward, but it was also not comfortable.

It's like we were waiting for each other to say something to break the silence and he did, he spoke up first.

"I know you still like him. It's all written on your face."
He said softly, so soft that I could barely hear him as he kept his gaze on the ground.

"I-I'm sorry, Jae In. I don't want to hurt you—"
I said, but he interrupted me by holding my hand, squeezing it slightly as I stared at our hands.

"Then go to him."

My eyes widened at him in disbelief. At that moment, fireworks gone off in the sky. It was beautiful and breathtaking. Purple, blue, yellow, pink, all kinds of color decorated the starry night.

The concert must've ended.

Flashback to 2 months ago ;
Y/N's POV
"I want to be your boyfriend."
Mr Jung confessed firmly as I froze on the spot.

Almost dropping his cup of coffee, I got my grip together and placed the cup in front of him gently, cursing under my breath when I felt his intense stare on me as he was sitting on his chair.

"I will pretend that I didn't hear that."
I replied with a polite smile and bowed slightly before turning on my heels to walk away, the tension in his office was killing me.

"Lee Y/N," I didn't even notice I was holding in my breath until he called my name.

I stopped in my tracks and didn't bother to turn around, hoping that we could communicate without facing each other.

"Let go of him, I won't ask you to forget him, but at least give me a chance."
I felt his fingers wrapped around my wrist. He spun me around to face him.

"Mr Jung, I don't want to be in a relation—"

"We will not date, just let me be good to you. It's been months, Y/N. Use me to let go of him."
He said, his grip around my wrist tightened as if the world would collapse if he let go.

This might be selfish of me, but I agreed anyways. I let him be good to me and tried my best to let go of Jungkook.

After all, he released an official statement saying that we broke up without even talking to me about it which made me furious and disappointed.

But I knew that he had his reasons. He wouldn't do things without having a reason.

The last time he left, I chased after him and texted him everyday. Blame him, hate him and resent him for leaving me alone.

This time, I told myself not to stress over him too much. It is his choice and this is not the first time something like this happened.

Just leave, Jeon Jungkook. This time, don't come back.

To Be Continued

Only You | j.jk ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें