25. Secretary

Y/N's POV
The bright sunlight lit up the room through the windows. I squinted my eyes before rubbing them gently.

Reaching out for my phone that was sitting on the nightstand, I checked the time and gasped loudly when it was already 12 in the afternoon.

I turned to my left and tapped Jungkook's cheeks to wake him up as I squirmed out of his arms. He whined and pulled me back in to his embrace.

"Where are you going?" He said in his morning voice, sending shivers down to my spine.

"JUNGKOOK!"

"WHAT?"

"DON'T YOU HAVE A MEETING AT 11?"

"YES! WHY ARE WE YELLING?"

I cleared my throat and kicked him off of the bed. He winced in pain with a pout.

"What was that for?"

"I don't want to surprise you, but you are an hour late to your meeting."

His eyes widened at me as he reached out to his phone on the nightstand.

"Oh my gosh, 2 missed calls from Yoongi, 12 from Jimin and 9 from Namjoon. I'm dead. I'm sorry, Y/N but I have to go now."

He jumped up from the ground and changed quickly before rushing out of the room. I sighed after I realised that he left with an empty stomach.

Just when I was about to get off of the bed, Jungkook dashed into the room again and held my chin firmly, pulling me in for a quick peck on the cheek which surprised me.

"Don't go out alone at night and be careful. Please be safe while I'm gone."

"Don't worry, I'm a strong woman."

I nodded with a small smile, feeling my heart flutter when he grinned widely and ran out of the house, leaving me alone.

"Oh man, I have an appointment with the CEO today!"

I gasped and washed up before rushing back to my unit, not forgetting to take back the pillow that I abandoned last night.

###
I shivered and rubbed my arms when the cold breeze ran through me. Autumn was here.

It was the season when the days get shorter and colder, and everything turns brown and drab, but people like it anyway, for the cocoa and cider, probably.

Hae Na told me to meet up with her boss's son at the café that she texted me. I wanted to give up on waiting for him since I have been standing here for a whole 20 minutes.

I looked around and my eyes stopped on a tall young guy wearing a formal maroon suit.

He had a pair of big round eyes and his hair were gelled up, making him look super professional but also fashionable at the same time.

"Uh, excuse me. Are you perhaps Mr Jung Jae In?"

He had to lower his gaze to look at me me since he was super giant and tall. I sighed in relief when he nodded with a polite smile.

"Yes, just call me Jae In. You must be Miss Y/N, Hae Na's friend?"

I nodded with a big smile and held out my hand. We shook hands and then proceeded to head into the cafe.

"One hot chocolate please. Uh, what are you getting?"

He asked me as we were ordering our drinks at the counter. I didn't notice but he had a sweet but also stern voice.

"Same! Another hot chocolate please."

I was about to take out my purse from my bag but he grabbed my wrist and handed his credit card to the waitress.