36. Pain

Jungkook's POV
"Were you guys eavesdropping on us?"
I pulled Y/N behind me and narrowed my brows at the hyungs.

They stood up and adjusted their shirts before straightening their backs.

Jimin cleared his throat and folded his arms in front of his chest with a cocky face.
"So, where are you guys going?"

"We're going out to celebrate Jungkook's birthday after his shower. You guys wanna come?"
Y/N said with a smile.

I diverted my head to her and nudged her arm slightly, earning a wince from her.
"What?"
She eyed at me.

I leaned in closer to her ear as she raised a brow at me.
"I thought we were going on a date?"
I whispered to make sure the hyungs couldn't hear me.

She cupped my ear and leaned closer as well.
"Yes, we are. Why are we whispering?"
Chills ran down my spine when she chuckled in my ear.

"Why did you invite them?"
I raised my voice a little as she pulled away, leaving some distance between us.

"So, you guys wanna come?"
She chimed and the hyungs cheered before agreeing to the plan as I scoffed in disbelief.

Did she just ignored me?

###
Y/N's POV
"Wow, Y/N! Did you prepare all of these by yourself?"
Taehyung gasped in awe as I chuckled and nodded.

After the boys took their showers and rested, I brought them to Yeouido Park to welcome autumn.

Fortunately, I had enough time to set up a little picnic area by the river and brought enough food to feed these seven dorks. Not forgetting to set up Jungkook's birthday cake.

I chuckled when Jimin snatched away a sandwich from Taehyung's hand, causing Tae to whine.

The two boys started to chase each other around the park as Namjoon and Jin shared an earphone, listening to some music as they admired the breathtaking scenery.

Yoongi brought his pillow out apparently. He laid himself on the picnic blanket and hugged his little pillow before falling into a deep sleep.

In the meantime, Hoseok took out a book from his bag and sat crisscross applesauce on the green grass and started to read some beautiful poems out loud which is so romantic of him.

My lips tugged up into a smile as I admired the view and the boys. It felt as if they were my children. They were all adults, but yet they act like 4 year olds.

It was a beautiful moment in my life and I wanted to remember this precious time. I fished out my phone from my pocket and took some photos of the boys.

As I was going to take another photo of the trees, a big nose invaded my camera which startled me.

"Move out of the way, squidward."
I laughed out loud when Jungkook stuck his nose in front of my phone, blocking the scenery.

"Thank you for everything, you're the best."

I kept my phone in my pocket and smiled when he leaned in to press his lips agaisnt mine.

He pulled away and I wrapped my arms around his neck. We stayed in that position for awhile quietly to appreciate this special moment. It's not everyday that I get to hang out with him peacefully without fighting.

After a few seconds, we heard cameras clicking. We widened our eyes and turned to the sound of it.

There was a person hiding behind the trees. Without hesitation, I pulled away from Jungkook and ran straight to the unknown person.

The figure saw me and started to run as well. My eyes narrowed when it was a girl, her hair seemed kinda familliar.

"Hey! Give up and stop running!"
I yelled, already feeling tired, instantly regretting skipping PE classes during high school.

The girl didn't stop running, instead, she ran faster. I stopped for a brief moment to catch my breath, resting my hands on my knees.

"Damn, she's fast."

Suddenly, my eyes lit up when I saw a kid playing with a ball by the roadside.

"Hey kid, don't play by the road and I need your ball real quick."
I patted the little boy's head before snatching the ball away from him.

I bit onto my bottom lip before twirling around and threw the ball into the air, aiming at the girl that was still running away.

"Gotcha."
I smirked when the ball landed on her head, she fell and dropped the camera as she rubbed the back of her head.

"Hey, delete the photos now."
I warned and took big but careful steps towards her.

"Surprise, Lee Y/N."
Her familiar voice rang in my ears, when she shot up her head at me, my smirk dropped into a frown.

"You've got to be kidding me, Jang Yejin?"

Her eyebrows cocked up at me mischievously as she slowly got back onto her feet. I took a few steps back and scanned her intently.

"Let me just skip to the point, I clearly told you to break up with Jungkook, right?"
She brushed the dirt on her outfit before folding her arms in front of her chest.

"You did. I chose not to listen to you though. It's my life after all and I make my decisions."

"Pfft, you must be forgetting something. What about your friends? You want to see them get hurt, hm?"

My fist tightened into a ball when her lips curved into a smug smirk. Again, she's using my friends.

"For your information, Jinyoung and Hae Na took taekwondo classes, so you can't even lay a finger on them."
I returned the smirk, feeling proud of my friends.

"Oh, I see. What about you? Do you take taekwondo classes too?"

"I—"

Before I could finish my sentence, I cut myself off when she pounded onto me and took out a sharp knife from her bag.

Everything happened so fast, I squinted my eyes and screamed in pain when I felt the sharp object stabbing into my stomach.

To Be Continued