4. New Neighbour

Y/N's POV
"Your phone, miss."
Jinyoung came back, panting as he rested his hands on his knees.

I passed him a tissue and my mineral water, shoving my phone into my bag with a sheepish smile after thanking him.

"Sorry I made you late, you didn't have to go back there for me you know. I could've ran."
I said as he chugged down the water.

"Your legs are too short. I'm going now. Call me if you need me."
He handed me back my water and sprinted to his cafe which was just a road away.

I took a seat on a random bench by the road side.  Thinking about what I should do next.

"What do I do now?"
I mumbled out loud for myself to hear.

I was always the last one. Back in high school and even now, Hae Na would always come first, then Jinyoung. I always come in last no matter what the three of us did.

Hae Na has a great job while Jinyoung has a decent job. I can't bother them while they're at work. I might be a distraction to them. I feel so useless.

I heard my phone vibrating in my bag. I fished it out and saw that someone had sent me a text.

I knew it. I failed my interview. What a great text to start my supposedly good day. I was already used to it. I didn't cry nor did I even feel like crying.

At this point, I feel like my feelings were drained out and maybe I'll become a human without feelings one day.

On the bright side, I can still try out some more jobs. I didn't really wanted to work as a receptionist anyways. I guess it's job hunting day.

Jungkook's POV
After eating at the small Chinese restaurant, we headed over to the place where the rest of the boys were having a shoot.

The shoot ended just when Jimin, Taehyung and I arrived. The seven of us were called to a room to meet with our manager.

We stood in a row obediently as our manager folded his arms, his lips were pressed into a thin line. This usually means that something was going on.

"Boys, I've known y'all for quite awhile, right?"

As our manager started talking, I couldn't help but to think about peanut. I felt myself blushing just by the thought of her in her pink dress this morning. I should've known.

Lee Y/N, long time no see.

Recalling all of our memories back in Busan, I couldn't help myself. A tear tricked down my cheek slowly when I shut my eyes. I left them. I left her.

"Jungkook? You're crying already?"
I felt someone wiping away my tear.

My head shot up immediately. The next second, our manager was hugging me tightly. He started crying as well.

I didn't know what was going on since I wasn't paying attention to what he said just now, so I just played along.

"W-Why're you crying, manager-nim? Don't cry."
I said awkwardly, stroking his back continuously as he was literally crying his eyes out.

"I-I know you'll miss me, Jungkook, but I have to leave. I'll miss you too."

"Leave?! I mean, I'll miss you a lot. Are you coming back?"
I almost exposed myself that I wasn't listening. I covered up my shock expression to a sad one.

We pulled away from the hug. Soon, he excused himself and rushed out of the room, leaving me dumbfounded.

"Where is he leaving to? As in like leaving us?"
I asked Hoseok who was at the corner of the room, sobbing. In fact, everyone wasn't in a good mood.