33. First Kiss

Jungkook's POV
"What do you want to—"

I froze when her soft lips crashed onto mine. I widened my eyes at her as she quickly pulled away.

Butterflies started to flutter it's wings in my stomach as I felt my heartbeat accelerating as if I was running a marathon.

"I want to do it too. Can I?"
I asked, licking my bottom lip as she nodded.

She closed her eyes slowly, her arms still locked securely around my neck.

I wrapped my arms around her waist carefully and bent down since she was much shorter than me which made me want to keep her in my pocket.

One of my hand made it's way up to her cheek as I leaned in to close the gap between us. I pressed my lips against hers softly and tilted my head to deepen the kiss.

It was a short, but sweet and unforgettable kiss. I pulled away when I felt her literally vibrating in my arms.

"Are you okay? Why are you shaking so much?"
I asked and hugged her tightly when her knees wobbled so much that she almost fell to the ground.

"You're my first kiss."
She whispered shyly and buried her face in my chest as I chuckled, running my fingers through her long silky hair.

"Jungkook-ah," I hummed and stroked her hair as she looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"Happy birthday, I lauv you."
She smiled cheekily, showing her perfect teeth as her eyes turned into crescents.

"Wait, it's today? What day is it?"

"Silly, it's past midnight now, so it's today. Happy birthday, baby."
She scrunched her nose and poked my cheek playfully when I raised a brow in confusion.

"It's today? Oh gosh, time flies so fast when I'm with you and thank you, baby, I lauv you too. Is lauv even a word?"
I wiggled my brows and swayed our bodies together, not planning to let her go.

She's my precious peanut and I want to protect her, but for some reasons, I feel like she doesn't open up to me as much as she does to Jinyoung and Hae Na which made me feel a little disappointed

"It's not a word, but it can be because I just said it. Happy birthday, Jungkook."
She said for the third time. I cupped her pink cheeks and stared straight into her eyes curiously.

"Thank you, peanut, but you don't need to say it for so many times. I heard you loud and clear, okay?"
I planted a quick peck on her nose before rubbing her cheeks with my thumb.

"I didn't get to say it in front of your face for all these years. I want to say it as much as I can now. I remember I used to text your old phone and talk to myself. Happy birthday, should we celebrate? It's okay if you're busy though."

She asked, tilting her head to aside with cute puppy eyes, causing my heart to thump even faster than before.

"I'm sorry I left you alone for so many years. I won't leave again, I promise. Also, should we go to the new restaurant at Itaewon? I've been wanting to take you there for awhile now."
I said and adjusted my jacket around her, so that she wouldn't feel cold.

"We'll see about that. You should go back and try to get some sleep before your meeting starts. Be safe, please."

She pouted as I nodded before unlocking her door. I shoved her inside her apartment and waved her goodbye after she hugged me one last time.

I smiled and hopped onto the elevator, still feeling her lips lingering on mine. Her lips tasted like strawberries, it was so sweet and deli—

A 'ding' interrupted my thoughts when the doors of the elevator slid open, revealing a boy in his early 20s staring straight at me.