26. Mine

Y/N's POV
I picked out a presentable outfit and munched onto my toast, checking the time every few seconds so that I wouldn't be late for work.

Jungkook spent the night with his hyungs so I didn't get a chance to tell him that I'm working as a secretary.

After spraying on some perfume, I forced my feet into the red tight heels and marched to the bus stop.

I should have gotten used to this nervous feeling since I am experienced but this job was special. I didn't have to go through an interview which made me feel so bad for other people who worked their butt off for this job.

It feels too good to be true.

Climbing onto the bus, I took a seat and rested my head against the window to admire the city of Seoul.

For some reasons, I felt like someone was watching me or staring at me. My six senses were tingling.

I turned my head and caught a man in a black hoodie with a mask averting his gaze from me once our eyes met.

"Wow, am I that attractive?"
I mumbled under my breath and shrugged off my thoughts.

The bus came to a halt after a few minutes of driving. I hopped off and walked my way towards the big building with a huge logo 'Jung Publishing'.

"Here goes nothing."
I patted myself to relax a little before stepping in the building confidently as my heels clicked on the ground.

"Hi, I am Mr Jung's new secretary. Uh, may I know where is his office?"
I put on a polite smile and asked the receptionist kindly. She had a small but cute face and she looked friendly.

"Oh! Mr Jung has been expecting you. He's at the top floor, the elevator is there. Happy day one!"
She answered with a huge grin.

She looked shy on the outside but she is quite bubbly.

"Happy day one?" I furrowed my brows at her.

"It's your first day here!"
She exclaimed. My mouth formed into an 'O' as I laughed along with her.

After thanking her for the information, I took the elevator and pressed the button to the top floor.

There were a lot of people cramped in the elevator and everyone was just talking about business. Everyone looked so professional, I was starting to feel a little scared and nervous.

The elevator ding-ed when it reached the top floor. I stepped out of it and adjusted my skirt before knocking on the door that has a sign 'CEO' on it.

"Enter."
The familiar sweet voice said from the room. I placed my hand on the doorknob hesitantly and turned it.

There he was, sitting in his Scarlett red chair, spinning in circles playfully.

"Good morning, sir. I hope I'm not late."
I put on a smile before walking towards him. He stopped spinning when his eyes landed on me.

"You're 0.0001 seconds late but I'll let you off the hook."

For some reasons, he stood up and just kept staring at me. Soon, silence engulfed the room. It was a little awkward so I took this chance to admire his office. It was huge.

There's a couch in the middle of the room and a small coffee table while his desk had a nice window view to the world since it was at the top floor.

There were books and bookshelves everywhere, but it's mostly magazines.

I cleared my throat when he still kept quiet, breaking the awkward silence.
"Uh, what should I do?"

"Black coffee."