8. Strawberry Milk

Y/N's POV
"Can I come in?"
He asked, shaking his banana milk in front of my face.

"I heard that you passed the interview. Congrats, Y/N, I knew you could do it. You liked strawberry milk when we were kids, right? I bought it to congratulate you, we can drink together."

I looked back to the living room where Jinyoung and Hae Na were eyeing at me suspiciously, mouthing a 'who is it?'.

"Sure, come in. Why're you soaking wet though? Aren't you cold? It's raining cats and dogs outside."

I opened the door wide for him to come in and quickly ran to my room to get him a towel.

"I was too excited when I heard the news that you passed. I ran to the convenient store to buy the strawberry milk, I forgot to bring an umbrella with me."
He smiled cheekily. I would be lying if I said that my heart didn't race at that.

"Uh, thanks, I guess." I mumbled, loud enough for him to hear.

He dried himself at the doorstep before entering the living room. Jinyoung and Hae Na jumped and welcomed him with a big hug.

I mean, he could've dried himself off at his place, his unit is like literally right across from mine. Not that I'm complaining though.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I'll wash this and give it back to you as soon as possible."
Jungkook broke their little group hug and showed me the wet towel, I hummed as a response.

"It's been awhile since the four of us got together, huh? How about a sleepover—"

"Hae Na, no sleepovers. Tomorrow is my first day of work and no way am I staying up tonight."
I protested and tried to kick them out, but they stayed put and acted cute.

"At least let us stay. Your house is comfy. You can go to sleep if you want."
Jinyoung snaked his arms around my body and swayed our bodies together.

"Hey, don't touch me." I elbowed him as hard as I could and he winced in pain, letting go of me.

"Alright. stay, but don't mess up the place. I'm going to sleep now, so keep the volume down!"
I yelled before closing my room door, leaving the childish kids alone.

I was about to throw myself onto my soft bed, but a knock on my door startled me.

I sighed and unlocked the door, Jungkook stood before me, still smiling. When does he ever stop smiling?

"Just to tell you, I put your strawberry milk in the fridge, you can drink it tomorrow."
He said, sipping onto his banana milk.

"Okay, thanks."

I tried to close the door, but he placed his hands on it and a frown formed on his face.

"I-I'm not done yet. Do you want to go to work tomorrow together?"
He pouted like a child.

He was never like this when we were young. He was always acting cool and macho, he never purses his lips, ever. What has gotten into him?

"I don't think that's a good idea, cause you know, you're an idol and I'm a normal girl. Your fans may get the wrong idea if they see us together."
I explained, leaning my body against the wall since I felt like he wasn't going to leave me alone soon.