10. Blushing Mess

Y/N's POV
"Rest well, don't move, just stay in bed."
Jungkook placed me on the bed carefully and tucked me in, covering me with the thick pink duvet.

I still couldn't believe that I have to be a zombie in bed for three weeks, plus, I just started my job. Will they fire me? Oh hell no.

I sat up and caught Jungkook's wrist before he could leave. He turned to face me, tilting his head to a side.
"What is it?"

"I can't just sit here and do nothing, I need to work. They'll fire me, I just got this job."
I said as he let out a distressed sigh.

He didn't allow me to do anything on my own. He was still protective as always, he has been protecting me ever since we were kids.

"Peanut, just rest. I'll take care of the rest and I'll talk to Bang PD. He won't fire you, but he'll find a replacement for now. So, stop worrying and rest. I'll be back soon. Call me if you need anything."

He released himself from my tight grip and placed a note with his number on my nightstand before leaving me alone.

"For the millionth time, don't call me peanut." I muttered to myself when he closed the door, rolling my eyes.

Hundred of thoughts ran through my mind once I rested my head on the soft pillow.

Why is he so nice? Why does he still feel so comfortable around me after meeting me nine years later? What will happen to my job? What will happen to me now?

I closed my eyes and shook my head, shrugging off the thoughts that I might be just overthinking. I couldn't help but to think about what Jungkook had said to me back at the hospital.

Flashback
"Should I stay with you?"

I choked on my saliva when he said that oh so lovingly, his eyes filled with sincerity and concern.

"Uh," I didn't knew what he meant by 'stay with me'. Are we going to live together?

The doctor wiggled his eyebrows at us weirdly.

"You two should talk outside. Take care of your ankle, miss Y/N."
He chuckled as we left the room awkwardly before thanking him.

We hopped onto his car. He was about to start driving, but I grabbed his sleeves unknowingly, making him release his grip on the wheel and turn to look at me.

God, why did I do that?

"Hm?" He tilted his head, waiting for me to speak.

After a few seconds of mentally slapping myself, I finally opened my mouth, but cringed immediately when my voice cracked.
"W-What do you mean by staying with me?"

His mouth formed into an 'O', following with a short laugh.
"You can't do anything on your own with this leg. I'll take care of you from now on."

I sighed in relief when he said that innocently. For a second there, I thought that he wanted to move in to my house and share a room with me. I must be crazy.

"I can't be there for you 24/7 though since I need to work. I'll ask Jinyoung and Hae Na to take over me if I'm busy. I'll sleep with you if I'm free. Is that okay?"
He added, still looking into my eyes.

Excuse me, what? Why is he making my stomach feel weird? It would be okay if we were kids, but now, we are both full grown adults. A male and a female sleeping together is so not—

"Okay." I slapped myself right after I said that.

"Why did you slap—"

"DRIVE."