5. I'm Sorry

Y/N's POV
I sat up, pressing my body against the headboard as I stared at the clock hanging on the wall.

11:52a.m.

I couldn't get a wink of sleep last night. I felt like a loser when I cried for the whole night. There were still dried tears stained on my cheeks. My eyes were swollen and my nose was still red.

At this point, I may as well be Rudolph the red nose reindeer or maybe act as a zombie in a Hollywood movie.

Last night, Jungkook passed out. His weight was killing me when he pressed his body onto mine completely.

I pushed all of my complicated thoughts and feelings to aside and asked for his passcode. Fortunately, he remembered it. 0000, how typical Jeon Jungkook.

After unlocking the door to his unit, I simply dropped him on the couch and ran straight back to my unit.

Then I just started pouring out tears continuously. I wasn't crying beautifully like the female leads in Korean dramas.

I was almost crying my eyeballs out, ugly crying, sometimes even choking on my own saliva as unforgettable memories flooded through my mind for the rest of the night.

Eventually I stopped crying at 6a.m. I turned to stare at the clock for hours until now, 12:02p.m.

I heard my doorbell ringing, following by a soft knock on my apartment's door.

Jumping off of my bed, I folded my pink duvet swiftly and straightened my pillow before dragging myself to the door.

"Who is it—"

I froze after seeing the man from last night. My heart jumped when he sent me a shy smile, rubbing his nape.

Anxiety took over me. I tried to shut the door, but he acted fast and placed his feet in between the door to prevent me from shutting it. He then hissed in pain, those dark brown eyes searching mine desperately.

I gave in. Mouthing a quick 'sorry', I slowly opened the door and invited him in. He smiled again which I couldn't return, so I pressed my lips into a thin line.

"Have a seat."
I pointed to the couch as he quietly obeyed.

I walked to the kitchen to pour him some warm water. I wasn't surprise when the mug almost slip out from my grasp.

Sure, I was tensed and nervous. It has been 9 years anyways, he was a different person. The tiny and childish Jungkook that I knew before changed completely. He became a fine man.

I took in a deep breath and exhaled sharply before striding over to the living room.

"Water?" I could hear my voice cracking a little as I handed him the mug. His cold fingers brushed against mine.

I planted myself onto the couch, making sure to leave some distance between us as I started playing with my fingers. My palms were already sweaty. It was super awkward.

Finally, something killed the dead silence. I took a glance over to my phone sitting on the coffee table.

It was Jinyoung. I cleared my throat and looked over to Jungkook. He gestured for me to answer it and I did, pressing the phone against my ear with a gulp.

"J-Jinyoung?"

"Hey— Why are you stuttering?"