31. A Break

Jungkook's POV
"Why are you dating me?"

She gulped down her ramen and looked at me weirdly before placing down her chopsticks.

"What do you mean?"
She narrowed her brows at me.

Hesitantly, I repeated myself.
"Why are you dating me?"

Y/N kept quiet and stared at me blankly. It was just the two of us sitting outside the convenience store with crickets chirping around us.

"Because I have feelings for you."
She answered straightforwardly without hesitation, making my heart race.

"And?"

"And I want you all to myself, but obviously your fans doesn't allow that."
She said and let out a little laugh.

I shifted in my chair uncomfortably and lowered my gaze to her fingers. She had short and chubby, but cute fingers.

"Y/N, do you love me?"
I spoke up, still staring at her fingers which she was now playing with anxiously.

"You know I do. Are you okay? Why're you acting like this?"
She said with a tint of worry in her voice. She stood up and walked over to my side.

I flinched a little when she bent down and placed her hand on my forehead carefully.

"You don't have a fever. What's wrong with you?"
Her hand then moved down to my cheeks and my neck.

I let out a sigh before grabbing her wrist gently. She looked at me curiously as I stood up straight to face her.

"Y/N, if you love me, why didn't you tell me that you were threatened? Why didn't you tell me that you were being stalked? Why must I hear all these from someone else?"

I asked, but somehow felt angry when she hung her head low and bit her bottom lip.

"Jinyoung told you?"
She said softly, almost whispering which made me even more furious.

"Why are you suffering alone? Why didn't you tell me that strangers come and harass you with questions about me when you go out for grocery shopping?"
I continued, but she pressed her lips into a thin line and remained silent.

"Y/N, why won't you tell me anything? Why are we together if you're going to keep everything to yourself? What am I for, huh?"

Again, her lips were sealed.

"Lee Y/N, please just say something!"
I raised my voice unintentionally, feeling my heart clench when her eyes started getting watery.

"Jungkook, I—"

"Did you know that your silly stalker came to your house and stick notes on to your door saying that you are his's? How can you not notice that someone has been following you around? Do you not care about yourse—"

"Jungkook, stop! Just shut up!"

She screamed and covered both of her ears with her hands as she finally let tears to fall down to her already wet cheeks.

"What do you know? I keep all of these to myself for your own good. I don't want you to worry about me and I don't want to be a burden to you. You have a tour in a few months and you need to practice, I can't let you stress about me when you— Hold up, I need water."

I bit my lip to prevent myself from laughing when she stopped halfway and quickly grab a bottle of mineral water from the bag sitting on the chair.

After she gulped down a few big sips of the water, she placed it back down and gazed at me as she wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

"Anyways, I can't let you stress about me when you have so many other important things to stress about. I am perfectly fine on my own. Those crazy fans don't even bother me one bit, I'm serious."
She continued and exhaled sharply when she finally finished talking.

At times like this, I just want to stop arguing with her and take her home and cuddle with her all day, but this was a serious topic. I held myself back and tried my best to keep a straight face on.

Y/N's POV
"Y/N, I want to worry about you, I want to care and stress about you. You are not a burden. "

I stared into his eyes as he kept on going and going. My legs started to feel tired, so I bent down and hugged my knees tightly.

"Please scream and rant at me when you get scolded at work, gossip with me about the mean girls back in high school, tell me which hot guy did you see at the bus stop, ask me to get you some clothes when there's a 50% discount at H&M. Can you do these for me?"

After he finished, he bent down to my level and placed his index finger on my chin.

"Jungkook, do you even have time to do all these with me?"
I heaved out and my heart dropped when tears started to fill his brown eyes.

"I will make time for you."

My mouth opened, but nothing came out. I exhaled sharply and massaged my temples as he gazed at me with those sparkly puppy eyes of his.

I flinched when he held both of my shoulders and signalled me to stand up. I obeyed quietly as he took my hand into his, rubbing a circular motion on the back of my hand gently.

"It's 2am now. I'll take you home, let's go."
He said softly before throwing away our trash into the bin.

We grabbed our bags and started to walk back to our apartment in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was comfortable since we knew that we both needed time to process everything.

"My birthday is tomorrow, baby."
He spoke up suddenly, breaking the silence as he stopped in his tracks.

"I know."
I nodded and halted as well. We stopped under a lamp post. I leaned my body against the lamp post and hugged myself tightly since it was cold and windy.

"Should we go—"

I cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"Jungkook."

"Hm?"
He took off his grey jacket and put it on me before pulling me into his warm embrace.

I looked into his eyes and forced a smile when he showed me his bunny grin.

"Should we take a break from each other?"

To Be Continued

dramarama because wHy nOt