34. Lost Boy

Y/N's POV
"Jae.. Yi?"

I gasped softly when he showed me a cheeky smile. My eyes widened and I caught him in my arms when he closed his eyes and fell.

"That strawberry milk.."
He mumbled, I had to lean in closer to hear what he was saying, but immediately scrunched my nose when he reeked of alcohol.

"Jungkook didn't get that for you.."
I nodded for him to continue.

"I got it for you, so that you can like me back.."
After saying those words, he let out a bitter chuckle before passing out, completely pressing himself on my body.

"Jae Yi? Excuse me, kid. Wake up!"

I slapped his red cheeks multiple time, but he was already wasted. I sigh and grabbed a fistful of my hair before dragging him into my apartment.

"Oh gosh, what am I going to do with this kid? Wait, why am I bringing a bad guy inside my house? Is he a bad guy though? He kinda just looks like a kid who wants some love. Why am I talking to myself?"

I shook my head and dragged him out again, but stopped when a lone tear escaped from his eyes. My heart clenched as I bit onto my fingernails, debating whether I should leave him outside or bring him in.

"He's going to be freezing out here though."
I muttered under my breath and stumbled when he snuggled his head in my neck which made me feel awkward and embarrassed.

"Aish, I swear to god, I'm going to regret this."
I shrugged and pulled him back inside with a huff before laying him down on the couch. He curled into a ball and trembled like a porcupine.

I rushed back to the living area after grabbing an extra duvet for him.

"Let's just hope you don't kill me in my sleep. I'm taking care of you now, because you look so helpless and innocent, so don't get the wrong idea."

I whispered even though he was already asleep and covered him with the duvet before going back to my bedroom, not forgetting to lock the door.

Jae Yi's POV
The bright sunlight blinded my eyes when I tried to open them.

After a few moments of adjusting to the light, my eyes finally fluttered open to find myself in an unfamiliar place.

Where am I? I only remember drinking with Yejin last night, but after getting some strawberry milk from the convenience store, I don't remember a single thing.

I sat up but fell back down to the couch almost immediately when a banging headache welcomed me.

"Ow, did I really drink that much?"

I mumbled to myself as I searched around the area. My eyes soon stopped on a clock hanging on the wall. It was already noon.

"Where on earth am I?"

After gathering all of my power, I got onto my two feet and roamed around the place. This must be an apartment, but why does it smell and look so familiar?

"Hello? Anybody here?"
I raised my voice, hoping to get an answer, but silence engulfed the room.

"Should I leave?"

I let out a sigh before folding the duvet neatly. Just when I was about to leave, one of the doors opened, revealing Y/N in her pink panther's pajamas with a sleepy face.

"Y-Y/N?"

My eyes widened when she nodded at me. She doesn't look surprised to see me here. A thought crossed through my mind as I furrowed my brows at her.

Did I sleep here? In her apartment?

Y/N's POV
"Good morning, Jae Yi. How was your sleep?"
I chimed and put on a smile as he gazed at me weirdly.

I strode to the kitchen and gestured for him to sit down. He obeyed in silence with his eyes still fixed on me.

"Do you want me to cook you some hangover soup or should we go out for brunch?"
I asked the younger one, his black eyes were sparkly and beautiful, it made him look so innocent.

"Why.. why are you being so nice to me?"
His head shot up at me with a glint of sadness in his eyes.

He looked so lost and lonely for some reasons, it made me feel so bad even though I did nothing wrong.

"Take your time to decide, I'm going to wash up now. I have a day off, so I'm going to spend this day wisely."
I ignored his question and proceeded to walk to my room, only to be stopped by him holding my wrist gently.

"Why're you being so kind to me? I stalked and followed you everywhere and I helped Yejin."
His voice echoed in my ear which made me question myself.

Why am I helping him exactly?

"When have you started to uh, follow me?"
I asked as he slowly let go of my wrist, eyes drifting away from me.

"I'm in the same class as Donghee back in high school. He told me a lot about you and one day I got curious, so I went to your classroom and you look absolutely,"
He paused for awhile as he stared into my eyes with an unreadable expression.
"Absolutely stunning."

I choked on my saliva and clutched my heart, eyeing at him weirdly.
"Pardon?"
I cocked an eyebrow at him in disbelief.

"I'm sorry if I offended you or if it sounded weird. You were just so pretty that I-I started to follow you wherever you go, but you never looked at me, not even once."
He said softly as he hung his head low.

I pressed my lips into a straight line before gesturing him to the couch. We settled down and I rested my chin on my palm before looking at the lost boy intently.

"Wow, did you follow me for all these years?"
I asked.

"No, I stopped following you after we graduate, but recently I found out that you were dating Jungkook since you two were all over the news. You again, caught my attention and I guess the obsession came back. Yejin has been following you too, she noticed me and asked me to help her. She said that we can be together if I helped her out. I guess that's not happening, right?"
He explained, slow enough for my dumb brain to process everything.

I scooted closer to him and ruffled his hair with a small smile. The younger one scrunched his face and shot me a questioning look.

"Thank you for telling me everything. We can't be together, but we can always be friends. I mean, only if you want to."
I chuckled and tilted my head to a side.

He shook his head with a tear rolling down his cheek, I gasped softly and quickly wiped it away with my thumb.

"Jae Yi? What's wrong?"
I flinched when he took my hand into his, giving it a little squeeze.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think that we can be friends. I want to stop being such a pervert and I regret helping Yejin. Thank you for everything, but I will leave now, for good."

My eyes widened when he stood up and walked towards the door. I rushed to him and wrapped my fingers around his wrist.

"Jae Yi, wait—"

Just when I was about to speak, the door to my apartment flew open, causing me to roll my eyes at the man who interrupted us.

"Hey Y/N— Who is he?"

To Be Continued

hwello ik it's been awhile since i updated lmao school just started and im demotivated again so bEaR with me :p