9. Stay

Jungkook's POV
"Ah, Y/N unnie is just really shy. You can ask me anything! I'm an easy going person."
The girl named Jang Yejin shoved peanut to aside and made her stumble, slightly twisting her ankle.

I saw her eyebrow knitting together as she bit onto her bottom lip. She was in pain.

I rushed over to her and rested my hand on her cheek, looking down at her feet as my heart clenched. Her feet were shaking in those high heels.

"Peanut, you okay?" I said, her eyes searched mine, still bearing the pain all herself.

"I'm fine. Also, don't call me that." She said, expressionless.

I removed my jacket and wrapped it around her waist, covering her legs before I bent down to take off her heel, revealing an already bruised and swollen ankle.

"Jungkook, what are you— ow!" She winced when I massaged her feet.

I shook my head, another heavy sigh left my mouth. I took off my black slippers and wore it for her, putting her heels to aside.

It was as if there were only the two of us in the room, when actually everyone was gazing at us in awe.

"She needs to rest. Is that okay, Mrs Kim?" I stood up and asked without breaking eye contact with Y/N, her pupils stared straight into mine.

"Uh, sure, of course. Are you two—"

"Excuse me, are you two dating? Why are you two so close with each other? Tell me you're not dating."
Yejin stepped up and slightly raised her voice with a furious expression as she folded her arms.

"No, we're just friends." Y/N answered, slowly distancing herself from me as she limped.

"Friends? So, you got this job, because of Jungkook? How could you?! I studied my butt off to work here and I told you my secret! Unnie, you used Jungkook, didn't you?"
She accused, pointing her index finger at Y/N who gasped in disbelief.

"Excuse you, miss Yejin. I respected you even though you're younger than me. I never told anyone your so-called secret. I allowed you to hug me when we just met yesterday and I worked my butt off to get this job too. Most importantly, I would never use my friend! I got this job all by myself!"

Y/N fired back. It was visible that she was furious as well.

The seven of us and Mrs Kim watched silently as Yejin slowly walked over to Y/N, sending her a murderous glare. I wanted to protect Y/N, but Yoongi held me back, telling me that it's not a good idea to butt in a girl's fight.

I held myself back when Yejin placed her index finger on Y/N's chest and pushed her.

All it took was for her to push peanut with her disgusting finger to make me mad. I lost it.

Y/N's POV
She pushed me again, resulting my back to hit the wall. I couldn't stand properly because of my twisted ankle. I felt pain engulfing my whole body.

I never expected her to be like this. She was kind, friendly and pure. I guess I should start to judge her. I should've known that she was a two faced disgusting human.

She's being over dramatic and she's making me a mess on my first day of work. I ran my fingers through my hair out of irritation, leaning against the wall to prevent myself from falling,

"Don't steal Jungkook Oppa from me!"
She screamed before raising her hand in the air, I closed my eyes and waited to feel the burning pain on my cheek, but I never felt it.

Instead, a loud smack was heard in the silent room. I slowly fluttered my eyelids open to see Jungkook's back as he stood in front of me protectively.