18. Alone

Jungkook's POV
I woke up to a banging headache, finding myself on a bed. I rubbed my eyes and looked around the room. It was my old bedroom.

"Who brought me here? Wait, where's peanut?"

I threw away the covers and rushed down the stairs, still wearing the same shirt from last night.

"Oh! Jungkookie, you are awake. Here, I made you soup for your hangover. How are you feeling?"

My mother said with a warm smile, motioning to the bowl of hot soup sitting on the dining table.

"Next time don't drink too much if you can't handle it. You were being such a pain in the butt last night. You should be grateful that you have friends who were kind enough to bring you home."

I turned to my right and saw my elder brother chillaxing on the couch, sipping onto his cup of tea as he shook his head slightly with a sigh.

"Who brought me home? Where's pea- I mean, what happened last night? Where's dad?"

I questioned as confusion took over my brain. I sat down on the dining table and took small sips of the hot soup as my mom started chopping onions in the kitchen.

She set down her knife, washed her hands and took a seat across from me, letting out a heavy sigh.

"Your friends brought you home and your dad has gone to work. You were clinging onto Jinyoung like a koala but you were yelling for Y/N. Are you seeing Y/N?"

That made me choke on my soup. I looked up at her with widened eyes.

"N-No? I mean, yes I am seeing her. We just met recently and we've been meeting each other quite often."

I said, feeling slightly embarrassed when I heard myself stuttering.

She leaned back on her seat and crossed her arms in front of her chest with a serious look on her face, causing me to let out an awkward laugh.

"Son, it's okay if you date her. I support you and I trust you to make your own decision. Can you invite her over for dinner? It is your last day here."

She shot me a reassuring smile. I hesitated for awhile but eventually nodded.

"Good morning, Mrs Jeon. Hey, Jungkookie."

I choked on my soup again when Jinyoung walked out of the guest room sleepily with his half closed eyes.

I furrowed my brows at him when he took a seat next to me, slurping onto his soup as my mom ruffled his hair.

"Hyung? What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean? You begged me to stay with you last night. You were seriously crazy drunk, you should control yourself."

He said and shook his head as my mom chuckled.

"Jinyoung, you've grown into a fine man."

She complimented, making him smile widely.

"So what happened?"

I shook his arm impatiently, afraid that I might have done something bad to Y/N. I couldn't really trust myself when I'm drunk.

"Both you and Y/N were crazy drunk. Luckily, Hae Hyo came and helped. We wanted to send you home first, but I guess you mistook me as Y/N and you wouldn't stop hugging me. So I had no choice but to sleep at your guest room."

He explained and took another sip of his hot soup.

"Oh my gosh, why am I so stupid? Hae Hyo? Hae Na's brother, right? Where is Y/N now?"