12. Date

Y/N's POV
"You like Jungkook?"
Jinyoung raised an eyebrow, sitting criss-cross applesauce on my couch.

"I don't know, I'm not sure and I hope not."
I huffed, pressing a pack of ice on my still swollen ankle, following what the doctor had told me to do.

I called Jinyoung over since I was bored. Hae Na was busy, so it was just the two of us chilling out on the couch like always. I have the best and most comfy couch in the world.

"Hope not? Why? Are scared that he might leave you—"

"He won't."

"Why are you so confident that he won't?"

I closed my eyes, handing the ice pack to Jinyoung. He walked over to the kitchen and put it inside the freezer before sitting down beside me again.

"I'm scared."

"Of what?"
He scooted closer to me and rested his arm leisurely on the headrest of the couch, playing with my hair.

"You know what happens when you date an idol?"

"What?"

"You get either lots of hate or lots of love." I sighed, leaning my head on his chest with my eyes still closed.

"Wow, calm down Y/N. Thinking about dating him already? You just met him for a few days. Don't you think you're going too fast? Anyways, he'll be too busy to even reply your messages. Has he replied your old texts? No."

He said and smacked the back of my head playfully, earning a wince from me.

"I sent those text years ago. It was my old phone number, he wouldn't know that I sent those. He also could've changed his number."
I sulked in Jinyoung's arms as he went silent, still disturbing my hair.

A few moments later, a knock on the door of my apartment could be heard, but someone pressed in my passcode and opened it.

Jinyoung's head shot up and crashed his brows together at me. "You gave someone else your passcode?"

"Peanut, let's talk— Oh, hi hyung." Jungkook strided to the living room with his bag hanging on his shoulder, his face looked a little pale and he was sweating.

"Hey, bro. Are you okay? You look kinda dead."

I pulled myself away from Jinyoung's embrace when Jungkook eyed at us uncomfortably.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired."
Jungkook said, wiping the sweat on his forehead with his long sleeve.

"Alright. I'll get going now, see you tomorrow Y/N."

"See you."

Jinyoung left. It was only me and Jungkook alone. I couldn't help but to feel nervous. He threw his bag to aside and plopped himself down beside me.

"Is your ankle okay?" He asked and I nodded as a response. I recalled myself saying stupid things when I'm around him, I need to control myself.

"Let's continue our talk, okay? What did I do wrong? Why should I stop being nice to you?"
He brought up a topic that I regretted saying to him.

"I-It's nothing. I was just blabbering rubbish." I laughed it off, hoping that he would forget about it.

Unfortunately, he didn't.

"It's not rubbish. Just tell me, I'll listen and try to change." I ran my fingers through my hair and groaned in frustration when he said it so sincerely.