32. Stay With Me

Jungkook's POV
"Should we take a break from each other?"

My heart dropped as if my whole world collapsed. I could feel my heart beating irregularly fast out of fear when she pushed me away gently.

"No, we should not. What do you mean a break? Are you breaking up with me?"
I cringed when my voice cracked as I held her hands tightly without breaking eye contact with her.

Her hands trembled in mine. She lowered her gaze and stared at her shoes blankly as I felt misery eating me up.

"Y/N, say something."
I squeezed her hands a little as she gazed at me expressionlessly.

"Jungkook, we are both busy and—"

"We have time, we'll make this work—"

"Jungkook, stop it. We're not breaking up, I just need some time to think about well, stuff."

I let go of her hand and the next thing I know, I curled my fist into a ball and punched the lamp post beside her with all my force, causing some blood to drip down from my knuckles.

"Jungkook, you're bleeding!"
Y/N exclaimed and tried to hold my hand, but I stuck my hand on the lamp post and inhaled deeply.

"You crazy muscle pig, stop being so dramatic. Come on, let's get you cleaned up."
Her fingers wrapped around my wrist as she tied a handkerchief around my bloody hand.

She let out a deep sigh before dragging me all the way back to our apartment. Surprisingly, she pulled me into my unit instead of hers.

"Sit down."
She ordered, gesturing to the couch as she took out some ointment and bandage from her bag.

"And if I don't?"
I quirked a brow at her.

"I'll make you."
A small smile crept upon my lips when she said that confidently, completely forgetting about the fight we had earlier.

"Make me then."
I smirked widely when she came closer to me, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"You're going to regret it though."
She whispered in my ear, sending tingles down my spine.

"No, I won't."
I cupped her cheeks and closed the gap between us.

My eyes widened when she shut her eyes. I gulped hard and closed my eyes as well, getting mentally prepared to finally feel her lips on mine.

Instead, I gasped in pain when something hard as a rock hit my head. I stumbled and fell onto the couch as I rubbed my forehead, opening my eyes to see Y/N laughing on the floor.

"Oh my gosh, was I that strong?"
She rolled on the floor and held her stomach, giggling nonstop which made me whine.

"Hey! It hurts!"
I whimpered and pointed to my forehead that has a small bump on it.

She snorted and sat herself down beside me, rubbing the painful spot in a circular motion.

"I'm not sorry, I told you to sit down and you challenged me. Serves you right."
I bit onto my bottom lip when she took my hand into hers and applied the ointment onto the bruise gently.