28. Save Me

Y/N's POV
"She left her scrunchy at my place last night."
Jungkook took out my yellow scrunchy from his pocket with a smirk plastered on his face as I quickly grabbed it from him, feeling my cheeks heating up.

"Uh, thank you Jungkook, but you must leave now. Mr Jung is running late for his meeting."
I faked a smile and pushed him out of the office as I felt Mr Jung's intense stare on the both of us.

"Wait,"
Jungkook stopped at the door and bowed a little to Mr Jung, causing me to raise a brow at him questioningly.

"Take good care of her."
He said before leaving the office expressionlessly. I sighed in relief when he hopped onto the elevator.

"Y/N-sshi?"

"Yes, sir?"
Mr Jung called out to me as I rushed back into his office with sweaty palms.

"You have a unique boyfriend. Who knew that you are actually dating the Jeon Jungkook? What did you see in him?"
He stood up from his chair and sat on his desk, asking me to come closer.

I took a step forward and let out a nervous laugh when he quirked his brows up and down.
"Are we suppose to discuss about my personal life at work?"

"It would be nice to since I have a boring meeting later. You can lighten up my mood. Tell me."
Tension filled the air when he did not avert his gaze from me.

How is he so sociable? How can he not even blink or break eye contact with me?

"Sir, you're late to that boring meeting."
I pointed at his watch to change the topic.

"So, he told me to take good care of you. Aren't you suppose to take good care of me? Hm?"
I almost let out an audible groan when he kept attacking me with more and more questions.

Even when we were in the car to the meeting, the driver snorted when he kept on bugging me to spill the beans about my relationship with Jungkook.

Instead of replying him, I simply just forced a smile and told him that I will spill the beans after we're done with work, hoping that he would maybe shut up.

However, that made him throw more questions at me. At this point, it sounds a little rude since he's my boss, but he's kinda annoying so I just shrugged and ignored him.

We had our meeting with the production manager at a fancy restaurant. I also booked a room since it would be noisy if we sat outside.

After greeting him, we started to eat while discussing about the new project. It was mostly Mr Jung who did the talking, all I did was just sit by his side, listen to him and sometimes agree or disagree with him.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I excused myself after apologising softly and went out of the room to pick up the call.

Apparently, it was from an unknown number. I answered the call hesitantly and pressed the phone against my ear.

"Hello?"

"Y-Y/N.."

Wait, this voice sounds awfully familiar.

"Who is this?"

"Y/N, it's me. J-Jungkook.."

My eyes widened immediately when his voice came out shaky on the line.

"Jungkookie? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Y/N, save me— ah!"

"Jungkook!"

I clasped a hand over my mouth, trying not to panic when I heard a loud slap, following by Jungkook wincing in pain.

More slaps and groans could be heard on the line as I felt sweat trickling down my forehead.

"Jungkook? Where are you? I will come to you, tell me where—"

I said and rushed outside the restaurant to hail a cab as I bit onto my fingernails anxiously, worried that something might've happened to him.

"If you want your boyfriend, come to the abandoned warehouse behind Seoul High School, alone."

A woman took over the phone. I got into the cab and told the driver the address quickly before something clicked in my mind. This voice sounded familiar too, but I can't put a finger on it.

"I don't know who are you or what are you, but if you lay even one finger on my boyfriend again, I will clap you all the way back to your mother's house."

"Oh no, I'm so s-scared. Pfft! Come on here and clap me if you can."

"You—"

She ended the call. I grabbed a fistful of my hair and groaned in frustration. The driver eyed at me worriedly through the rear view mirror.

"Mister, please speed up."
I tapped on the driver's seat and thankfully, he didn't curse at me. He drove faster than before as I tried to hold back in the tears pooling in my eyes.

We reached at our destination after 20 minutes of driving. I asked him to stop in front of the warehouse and paid him before hopping off of the car.

"Jungkook?"
I called out to him as I pushed the big door open which made a creaky sound, sending chills down my spine.

"Jungkook, I'm here. Please come out."
Tears forced its way out of my eyes when I heard my own voice echoing.

Soon, footsteps could be heard. I turned around and knitted my brows when two figures walked out from the shadows.

It was a man and a woman?

"Who are you two? Where is Jungkook?"
I curled my fist into a ball and walked towards the two boldly.

Finally their faces came to light, I gasped softly when I recognised the woman almost immediately, her bright red lipstick caught my eyes once again.

"Jang Yejin, what are you doing—"

I got interrupted by the unknown man rushing over to my side and embracing me tightly.

"Y/N, I want to touch you."
The second he laid his hand on my hair, I kicked his leg and pushed him away harshly, letting out a scoff in disbelief.

"Too close."
I heaved out as he stumbled back.

He looked up and our gaze locked. His pure black eyes looked so familiar, but I don't remember where I saw those eyes.

"Who are you? Why do you want to touch me?"

"Because I like you."

"Okay, wow."
The thing is, I have never met or seen this guy. I don't even know this guy's existence until now and here he is confessing to me. What a weird day.

"Tell me more later. Yejin, where is Jungkook exactly?"
I waved to the strange guy and turned to the woman who had her arms folded in front of her chest.

"He's not here."

"That's why I'm asking where is he."
I said firmly and took a step closer to her, feeling anger boiling in my veins, but still held myself back.

"I wanted to talk to you—"

"I won't repeat. Where is Jungkook?"

She let out a chuckle before patting my shoulder with a wide smirk on her face which made me even more frustrated.

"Honey, don't you know voice phishing?"

To Be Continued

yes the story's getting boring so i decided to add some drama BEAR with it <3 LMAO